Is it still "easy" getting additional fast passes throughout the day using the app?

MaC410

DIS Veteran
I'm mainly talking about about for 1 or 2 people. My first trip to Disney World was last April 2016 and it was the week they began letting people make additional same day fast passes using the MDE app. It was incredibly useful for me and my wife. We were able to constantly refresh the app and grab fast passes for pretty much anything we wanted to go on. Just wondering if it's not as "easy" as that anymore now that this system has been out for a while so more people know about it.

Last month I was able to grab 4th, 5th, and 6th FP for Nemo (Epcot), TSMM (Lucky on this one) and Fanstasmic using the app.

Last month I was able to grab 4th, 5th, and 6th FP for Nemo (Epcot), TSMM (Lucky on this one) and Fanstasmic using the app.

Just a few questions with this. How big was your group you are making fast passes for? Were these the only extra fast passes you tried to make?

I went solo to MK, AK, and HS in late January and was able to easily grab extra FP. In MK in particular, I think I ended up getting an additional 6-8 FP after my initial 3. I had a short day at AK, but still managed to get 2 more FP for Everest after my initial 3 were used, and I left the park at around 3 in the afternoon.

I went solo to MK, AK, and HS in late January and was able to easily grab extra FP. In MK in particular, I think I ended up getting an additional 6-8 FP after my initial 3. I had a short day at AK, but still managed to get 2 more FP for Everest after my initial 3 were used, and I left the park at around 3 in the afternoon.

Great to hear! My wife and I were able to grab about 20 FPs in one day. We did however grab fast passes for any ride, even ones with barely any wait at all. So that inflated the number. But even with rides like Haunted Mansion we were able to grab FPs for that every single time we wanted to ride it. It just felt crazy that we were able to do that while everyone was waiting on a line. My assumption was that we were only able to do that because the FPs system through the app was released that week and barely anyone knew about it. Hopefully our next trip we will be successful as well. We don't plan to go during a super busy time so that should help out.

We got 14 a week ago today for 2 people at mk. From 12:30-7:30. We rode basically everything with same day including mine Train

We also grabbed soarin twice after 3pm that same trip on another day for 2 people

For small groups (4 >) on an average day, you can definitely grab multiple fastpasses day-of using the MDE app. This is trickier with large parties (5+) but you should still be able to get at least 2 or 3 more. Keep refreshing the app for a few minutes if what you're looking for is not available right away, something will usually come up. As a solo traveler I have rarely NOT been able to get what I'm looking for, it seems there's always room for 1

I didn't realize that you could use the app. I've always had to go to the kiosks. This does seem a lot handier!

I think it depends on how crowded the parks are.

We went late January. For our first 2 MK days, we were able to get one FP after another, which were decent crowd days (also AK...my kids got several EE FPs).

But on our last MK day, it was very crowded (I think it ended up being 8/10 crowd level), and we only got one extra FP, and it was for a less popular ride.

A couple of weeks ago I had a few hours to myself because my daughter went off with a friend from her CP days and my wife had had enough of the MK and wanted to pack for our departure the next morning. So, after I used the 3 FPs we had made in advance, and before my final look at Wishes, I had fun getting FPs. With some refreshing I got ones for BTMRR, Space Mountain, and Buzz with return times 5 minutes out.

That was a crowd level 7 day.

T'other half and I had no problems grabbing 4th, 5th, 6th, 10th fastpasses at MK, HS, EP and AK. At one point we were tapping into Rock'n'RollerCoaster (our confirmed favourite) and immediately booking another for ten minutes later.. Rode it 4 times in a row at one point, passing the same people in the standby queue as we went!

Sometimes the fastpass selections are limited, even for 2 people, the day of when you are trying to make more after the initial 3. Keep trying. It seems they open up more fastpasses if the lines aren't that long or if people cancel they will open up. I just kept checking and was able to get some good ones when I was there in April.

T'other half and I had no problems grabbing 4th, 5th, 6th, 10th fastpasses at MK, HS, EP and AK. At one point we were tapping into Rock'n'RollerCoaster (our confirmed favourite) and immediately booking another for ten minutes later.. Rode it 4 times in a row at one point, passing the same people in the standby queue as we went!

This is what me and my wife did as well. We would go on a fastpass line, open up the app and have our next fastpass ready for like 10 minutes later. It was awesome.

How do you add extra passes? Do I have to wait for all 3 (which is maximum on my app now) to be used up and than add 3 more on that same day?
Or after I use my first one (I am done with a ride) and have 2 more left... I can add 1 more immediately to make it 3 again?
I am little confused with it...

Just don't ever believe the app when it says there are no more FP+ for an attraction. The key is to keep refreshing that screen, dozens of times if you need to . I have used this technique to get FP+ for Tier I attractions, either as one of my first three or as a fourth after the first three have been used, and I almost always get the attraction and time that I want if I am persistent with the refreshing. (I was doing it for two people)

I've been able to easily get lots of fastpasses same day. None ever seem to be out in the morning but once lunch hits it gets more fruitful. they do run out so by mid afternoon it's really rides that overlap night entertainment or similar situation and by dinner it's less and less but not always. some people are nice to delete their fastpasses if they call it a night earlier or park hop or don't return from their resort break..

The secret is keep checking...

all different sized groups but mostly it's for 2 people.

Yes, but I had a lot of issues with the app being slow or just not working when I went in March. I ended up just using the browser website after the first day or so. It's a lot more reliable. To give you an idea of how bad it is, the app was claiming there were no FPs left for anything at 10:30 AM at MK.

Whether you use the app or the browser, just keep refreshing constantly.

Yes, but I had a lot of issues with the app being slow or just not working when I went in March. I ended up just using the browser website after the first day or so. It's a lot more reliable. To give you an idea of how bad it is, the app was claiming there were no FPs left for anything at 10:30 AM at MK.

Whether you use the app or the browser, just keep refreshing constantly.

shhhh.. don't give away the good tricks. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter