Is it rare to get some kind "critter" on a ground floor room at POR?

fairytalelover

DIS Veteran
I'm just wondering how many of you have found any kind of unwanted guests like those little lizards that are all over the resort, snakes etc..... on a ground floor room? I'm just wondering if it's very rare or if it's common and I should request a higher floor.

Once out of more than a dozen trips I have had bugs in my room. And we were on the ground floor when it happened. One phone call, and they were taken care of.

Stayed ground level once at VWL and had a lizard in the room:scared1: DH hunted it down and relocated him outside. I now ask for anything but ground level:)

We have had the little lizards in the room one time. It wasn't bad and I'm pretty sure that we let him/her in on accident when we were getting ready to leave for the parks. The good thing is that we had forgotten something in the room and I went back in and saw him/her looking at the door. After a few seconds of looking at the door he/she ran out. Might have been a little cool in the room for him/her.. :)

It is possible, it's Florida! Depends if you leave your door open for long. We've only had one stay on ground level at POR, and didn't have any guests :)

It is possible, it's Florida! Depends if you leave your door open for long. We've only had one stay on ground level at POR, and didn't have any guests :)

We would be careful about leaving the door open. I would be worried about Mousekeeping etc...

We've stayed at POR twice a year for the past 5 years. Last July was our only encounter with a lizard in our room. We saw him in the door jamb when we returned to our room. Didn't know if he was in our room or not. A few hours later my husband caught him in a glass on the bed (apparently he was in a shirt my husband put on) and released him outside. Freaked me out. Oh, and this was in the second floor, not the ground floor.

We've stayed at POR twice a year for the past 5 years. Last July was our only encounter with a lizard in our room. We saw him in the door jamb when we returned to our room. Didn't know if he was in our room or not. A few hours later my husband caught him in a glass on the bed (apparently he was in a shirt my husband put on) and released him outside. Freaked me out. Oh, and this was in the second floor, not the ground floor.

Crap!:scared1:

I hate to break it to you, but there is no such thing as a critter proof room. Especially in Florida.

We saw a little frog or toad (it was one of those--I'm not sure which) on the 3rd floor of our Coronado Springs building! I don't know if he 'hopped' on an elevator or what :rotfl:, but there he was in the 3rd floor corridor!

haha! Welcome to Florida :) We are about 3 hours away (in Ga.) and have marsh in our front yard and a lake in our back yard. Lizards are everywhere. But, I seriously have never seen any at PO, there are so many people around there that it scares them, I would think. Trust me, If there were any close my 8 year old would catch them lol

We saw a little frog or toad (it was one of those--I'm not sure which) on the 3rd floor of our Coronado Springs building! I don't know if he 'hopped' on an elevator or what :rotfl:, but there he was in the 3rd floor corridor!

:rotfl2: I'll betcha someones little boy caught it and put it in his pocket, then his mom made him throw it out the door. Little boys and their frogs :lmao:

We have stayed at POR twice on the second floor and All Star Movies once on the ground floor and thankfully never had any critters in our room. But then I read about a snake in somebody's room in one of the Disney resorts and it scared the hell out of me:scared1:

I hate to break it to you, but there is no such thing as a critter proof room. Especially in Florida.

Amen. And we are talking about little lizards and insects.:confused3

Not diamond back rattlers.

Little reptiles want to get away from you even more than you want to get away from them. :)

They are NOT attracted to activity but repelled by it--so the last thing they want to do is charge in a see if Mousekeeping is doing a good job.

I hope none of the people so concerned about this ever have to live in rural America like I do!!! Or in an old house that is not "Tupperware Tight" like new ones are.

We had a lizard in first floor at POP...but I don't really think of them as pests. At least it wasn't bugs! These bed bugs stories have me freaked out!!

I'm just wondering how many of you have found any kind of unwanted guests like those little lizards that are all over the resort, snakes etc..... on a ground floor room? I'm just wondering if it's very rare or if it's common and I should request a higher floor.

I think you answered your own question. "Critters" are all over the resort, therefore they can be anywhere. And yes, they aren't limited to a first floor room.

Going to freak people out now but lizards can climb stairs and walls, snakes can slither to a ton of places, frogs can jump very high, and what you think is a closed door just might let in a roach or two.

Disney World is a nature preserve and I love that aspect about the place.

We had a little lizard in our 2nd story room at OKW last year. It was actually funny - he was hiding behind a picture on the wall. His tail was peeking out the bottom of the frame. I went to the front desk and they told me not to worry, they have people that handle all critter issues. We left for the park and I assume they took care of it. Never say him again!

I had a palmetto bug in the bathroom on third floor at Poly. I now always wear socks when I walk around at night

We also had a palmetto bug/roach run across the wall at POR - that thing was FAST and scared the heck out of us! We tried to kill it but it went behind a dresser and we never saw it again :scared1:

We also had a large frog take up residence on the room door which was strange as we were on the 3rd floor. For some reason, we took it upon ourselves to help it out and try to return it to the river ( :confused3 ), but it got away and leapt off the 3rd floor as we were trying to catch it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter