Is it me or does the wishes dessert buffet seem expensive

Originally I SO wanted to do this. Then I took a step back & said ~

1. On the DDP I get dessert with every meal.
  2. I also get a snack credit.
  3. Do I need to then spend an extra $80 for MORE suger?

So we decided no.

See..at DL I don't look at it as more sugar, i ask..is it worth it to have a nice place to watch without crowding and have a CHAIR? They had me at CHAIR...and Fantasmic is 60 PP.
There are always better use of money..like..not going on vacation. So we live super cheap year round and splurge on vacation. I'll be taking 5 for the fantasmic dessert..ALOT of money, but worth it to us. And no, we don't make big money or even decent money. I guess it's all about choices. I would jump at this in WDW, but I won't use the dining plan because I don't need that much food daily and not even the CS plan, since I'd just as soon get kids meals most of the time.

We actually made a ressie for this, we are going for DDs 10th Birthday. When we started looking at Birthday cakes that can be ordered, the prices were outrageous, and we couldn't decide on what to order her. Then WDW came out with this, and the price is less than the cake we were trying to decide and we get way more choices for her. I was able to put on our ressie that we will be celebrating her 10th Birthday and that they will see if they can do something for her. Even if they don't, in my book it was a great deal.

See..at DL I don't look at it as more sugar, i ask..is it worth it to have a nice place to watch without crowding and have a CHAIR? They had me at CHAIR...and Fantasmic is 60 PP.
There are always better use of money..like..not going on vacation. So we live super cheap year round and splurge on vacation. I'll be taking 5 for the fantasmic dessert..ALOT of money, but worth it to us. And no, we don't make big money or even decent money. I guess it's all about choices. I would jump at this in WDW, but I won't use the dining plan because I don't need that much food daily and not even the CS plan, since I'd just as soon get kids meals most of the time.

F! dessert for $60 per person? As far as I know that is a dinner & the F! part ~ including seating ~ is free. I do need dinner & is it covered by DDP which I have. What I do not need is another dessert on top of the one I get with my dinner that is included under DDP & the dessert I get with my CS meal which is covered by my DDP on top of the snack which is also covered under my DDP. Now, of course, I could get all healthy desserts & snacks during that day & then shell out an extra $17.99 per person x 4 people + tax & gratuity for all the sugar I can eat & a seat under an awning ~ which may or may not obstruct my view. But, like you said, it is vacation so if it comes with my meal plan ~ great ~ if not I will save my money for something else. :3dglasses

Disney has had dessert parties at Epcot for Illuminations for awhile. Brides book them all the time and I had one at my wedding in May. I paid $25 per person (plus tax and tip) for 11 people to sit right up front and stuff our faces on dessert for an hour while we watched the fireworks.

DEFINITELY worth it!!!

I would so do this at ECPOT!! It is my DHs fav park, and he/we always hit Illuminations at least once a trip. If we are there longer then 3 nites then it is 2xs a trip... I don't mind as they have Champange/beer there....

I would so do this at ECPOT!! It is my DHs fav park, and he/we always hit Illuminations at least once a trip. If we are there longer then 3 nites then it is 2xs a trip... I don't mind as they have Champange/beer there....

Oh ~ could you just imagine a "Drinks around the World" with dessert while watching Illuminations package. :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

Epcot is my families favorite also. :dance3:

I don't think I am the one to ask about this. We did the Disneyland Fantasmic Dessert Package when we went about 7 years ago, and I think we paid about $47 for adults for it, not sure what the kids cost us. I booked the Wishes Dessert for our trip in August. The trip is a celebration for my DD's 16th with a few friends coming along. I was looking for something special to surprize them all with, and this became it. Wanted something that we would be able to pay for with our Disney Visa points, and this will leave us with extra. I was really debating before, but when I saw the pictures, I was sold. We usually eat Dessert for dinner or lunch once during vacation, and this will be the night.
Donna

It's $59 per person now and I'm considering booking it for DH and myself on our trip to DL in August. The WDW price seems really cheap to me in comparison.

We did the one at DL a few years back and I would gladly pay $20 for Wishes at WDW and have dessert. I hope they extend it too. I am headed that way in August, but DH and DD won't be able to come back until October and December. Looks very good.

Hoping they will have the Wishes Dessert Buffet when we go in Nov.
The boys would love watching the fireworks from there and dessert would be a bonus.

It's $59 per person now and I'm considering booking it for DH and myself on our trip to DL in August. The WDW price seems really cheap to me in comparison.

That's how I feel. Amazingly cheap..I bet they raise the price :( Hope they still offer this in January when I go.
Like I said before, the F! dessert thing is all about the chair and the open space..not the food. But worth it during busy times. I still think the dining plan is way too expensive and way too much food. We can eat very cheaply, but the little splurge for F! is worth it.

F! dessert for $60 per person? As far as I know that is a dinner & the F! part ~ including seating ~ is free. I do need dinner & is it covered by DDP which I have. What I do not need is another dessert on top of the one I get with my dinner that is included under DDP & the dessert I get with my CS meal which is covered by my DDP on top of the snack which is also covered under my DDP. Now, of course, I could get all healthy desserts & snacks during that day & then shell out an extra $17.99 per person x 4 people + tax & gratuity for all the sugar I can eat & a seat under an awning ~ which may or may not obstruct my view. But, like you said, it is vacation so if it comes with my meal plan ~ great ~ if not I will save my money for something else. :3dglasses

We are using our TS credit for breakfast on the day that we have booked the Wishes Dessert Party, so we wont have just eaten dessert anyway! After being pushed and shoved during the parade in MK in Nov, I am all about getting a nice comfy area for us and the 4 kids to watch the parade and fireworks! Plus, I LOVE dessert!

For the price of one person to go to the buffet you could buy a few desserts and a few forks a share and not spend nearly that amt of money.

Then take your dessert and go over to the beach at the Poly and watch the fireworks.

I'll let you know my thoughts after I go to one on August 27! To me, it seems like a pretty decent value (well, for Disney), but I'll know more once I see how good my view is and how many desserts I manage to consume!

F! dessert for $60 per person? As far as I know that is a dinner & the F! part ~ including seating ~ is free.

Nope, no dinner. Just dessert and a chair to watch Fantasmic at DL.

Oh Disneyland ~ I'm thinking F! at WDW. I haven't been to DL since I was 10. WDW is a lot closer fior us.

$60 for dessert is crazy! :eek:

I guess I'm just to cheap for that.

Thanks so much!

I did the Fantasmic Dessert Package at DLR, and this looks really similar. I just wish that they'd do it all year and not just the summer.

We did the Fantasmic Dessert Package at DLR as well, a few years ago and spent about $50-60 per person. It was limited to about 15 people for the upper level. Not sure how many people were on the ground level.

The best part for us, on that night, Fantasmic was cancelled at the last minute, so they refunded our money - after we had eaten all the desserts.

So we watched Fantasmic on another night we were there without the desserts.

I have been trying to get in for our trip but nothing is open! This is harder than Le Cellier was!!!!!!!

We really, really wanted to try this!

I wish they were offering that when we are going! I'd do it in a heart beat! I really don't think $17.99 is a bad price for it.

We did the dessert party on July 8th and loved it. We would do it every time without question. It was worth the money to me. We took the kids in(4 of them) and it made for a wonderful end for my daughters 5th birthday. We were able to go ride Buzz Lightyear several times afterwards without a line.
It was great!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter