Is it less expensive in late Jan/early Feb for Deluxe resorts?

Mickeyhugger

DIS Veteran
Hi.

Our family has not visited WDW since January 2005. We used to go when it was off season as it was less expensive. It seems as if a lot has changed (as far as discounts and packages.)

It will be only for three nights (DH and myself.) The booking agent at Disney stated that the 2014 rates are not yet available, and that the only room rates available now are 'rack rates.' Also said that if we book now, and a lower rate becomes available, we could have the reservation modified, but, to book NOW, with a deposit as the rooms at Contemporary 'book up fast.':headache: I'm overwhelmed, lol.

We're planning January 31st for three nights, and are sailing the Disney Fantasy (trying to take advantage of the low rates on the Fantasy, but are hoping the rates at Contemporary don't blow it out of the ocean, no pun intended.):faint:

I guess my question is...did anybody stay at a Deluxe resort THIS February (early,) and if so, was it a good deal (less than the rack rates?)

Thanks!:earsgirl:

I guess my question is...did anybody stay at a Deluxe resort THIS February (early,) and if so, was it a good deal (less than the rack rates?)

We stayed at the WL lodge from Feb 5 to Feb 11th this year and there was a room discount during January and parts of February. Most deluxe resorts had 30% discount, WL had a 20% discount. The rack rates are very low that time of year which is why we usually go then. :)

As the pp said, rates are low for January/early February. It's usually value season pricing during that time, with the rates going up to peak season pricing the middle of February (starting with the Friday of President's Day weekend).

I guess we can't post rates on these boards (understandably.) Could someone PM me, and tell me the amount you paid? I know we won't get the exact same rate, but this will give me an idea (so we can start saving now.)

I guess we can't post rates on these boards (understandably.) Could someone PM me, and tell me the amount you paid? I know we won't get the exact same rate, but this will give me an idea (so we can start saving now.)

Mousesavers.com lists all the resorts rates in one table and also maintains lists of historical discounts over the years.

They also have a chart of what the Wdw seasons are. We always go late January, and late August. Both are value seasons.
There are always discounts out for this time frame, but they aren't as good as they used to be.
I remember deluxe getting 40% off, across the board. But now your lucky to get 30%, and not even at all deluxe resorts. As mentioned, WL % has been lower. Maybe because they recently refurbed their rooms.

Hi.

The booking agent at Disney stated that the 2014 rates are not yet available, and that the only room rates available now are 'rack rates.' Also said that if we book now, and a lower rate becomes available, we could have the reservation modified, but, to book NOW, with a deposit as the rooms at Contemporary 'book up fast.':headache: I'm overwhelmed, lol.

Unless you are willing to pay the rack rate at Contemporary, there's no reason to book now to hold your spot. When discounts come out there are a certain number available for certain room types. Booking at rack rate now doesn't "hold" your spot for a discount.

But yes, usually late Jan early Feb there are discounts.

Unless you are willing to pay the rack rate at Contemporary, there's no reason to book now to hold your spot. When discounts come out there are a certain number available for certain room types. Booking at rack rate now doesn't "hold" your spot for a discount.

This is correct. If a discount comes out and there is availability for your resort/room type, the discount can easily be applied. However, there must be availability under the discount as having a reservation in place does not guarantee the discount can be applied. Sometimes you have to be flexible with your resort/room type in order to take advantage of a discount. So as this poster said, if you will take the trip regardless of whether or not a discount comes out, book now; otherwise, I'd wait to see what (if any) discounts come out for your time frame and book then. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!