Is it hard to book a 2 or 3 BR villa at the last minute?

Discussion in 'DVC Member Services' started by AKLFan3, Feb 24, 2009.

  1. AKLFan3

    AKLFan3 AKV Owner...I DO love the neighbors!

    Joined:
    Sep 26, 2007
    Messages:
    338
    This may be a hard question to answer, but how difficult is it to book a 2 or 3 bedroom villa for March or April at such short notice? Has anyone ever experienced difficulties booking such a large villa with only 3-5 weeks in advance? Thanks!

    By the way, we're considering staying for a full week and are aware if there is availability, we may have to switch between 2 resorts mid stay.
     
  2. Avatar

    Google AdSense Guest Advertisement


    to hide this advert.
  3. Deb & Bill

    Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2000
    Messages:
    45,598
    Grand Villa, other than an occasional weekend night, next to impossible. Two bedroom, also very .

    Short notice is difficult for just about every DVC.
     
  4. Nennie

    Nennie Insert funny comment here!

    Joined:
    Oct 11, 2005
    Messages:
    1,265
    It's not impossible, and I think you have a good shot!!! Lately, it seems that the larger villas don't book as quickly. It would be difficult to get a GV or 2BR at BWV or OKW, but you could probably get one at AKV or SSR (unless you wanted Easter week, etc).

    Good luck!!!!! :goodvibes
     
  5. Nennie

    Nennie Insert funny comment here!

    Joined:
    Oct 11, 2005
    Messages:
    1,265
    LOL that we posted at the same time, with the exact opposite opinions! ha ha!!
     
  6. Tiger926

    Tiger926 DIS Veteran

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2000
    Messages:
    8,084
    I would think it would depend on the resort and season, but just for comparison, we've called each day this week to see if there is availability at AKV for a 2 bedroom for middle of July, and there is nothing. There is a waitlist as well.

    Not sure if you are going to have much luck with a 2 bed at this short notice, but I wish you luck!

    Tiger :)
     
  7. bobbiwoz

    bobbiwoz I'm happy to dance with you!

    Joined:
    Aug 26, 2003
    Messages:
    65,848
    I think GV's are difficult to get at 7 months out, never mind with shorter notice for a 1 week stay. You may find a 2 bedroom, but most likely I think it will be at SSR. When you try, tell us, so we have know, OK?!!

    Bobbi:goodvibes
     
  8. disneynutz

    disneynutz DIS Veteran DIS Lifetime Sponsor

    Joined:
    Dec 11, 2006
    Messages:
    20,769
    We have been on a wait-list since the end of December for a 2-bedroom, anywhere. Nothing yet. Take note that the wait-list rules have changed so that will lower you chances even more. You can't request "a 2-bedroom anywhere".
     
  9. Jeremy&Susan

    Jeremy&Susan Mouseketeer

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2006
    Messages:
    308
    Our experience is that if you want a GV you should be booking at the 7-11 month window and as close to the 11 as possible. GVs are not often available under the 7 month mark, expect in this economic slowdown you may get lucky.

    Same hold true for 2 Bdrms except you have a bit more time.

    Back to your question, 3-5 weeks out, you need to be supported by a higher power (in this one instance I am not refering to your wife) or be very lucky.:)

    GOOD LUCK and please dont tell your wife that she is not a higher power on this one.
     
  10. spiceycat

    spiceycat dvc-blt,vwl,bwv

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2000
    Messages:
    37,502
    gv no

    2-bedroom - will they might have had cancelations - how close are you to the 31 days - where you must cancel or go in holding if you do later?

    that day definitely call.
     
  11. bcrook

    bcrook DIS Veteran

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2008
    Messages:
    4,420
    Based on point reallocations for 2010. Weekends should be open, and Weekdays should be booked. I would be curious to see if this is your current situation.
     
  12. CNPHILLY

    CNPHILLY Mouseketeer

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2009
    Messages:
    128
    Booking 3 to 5 weeks out may not be a problem in, say, February or September. But doing it for March and April is.

    **EDIT**-I should have been more specific. I am talking more about bookings at VWL, BCV, BWV.
     
  13. Lildalejrfan

    Lildalejrfan Mouseketeer

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2008
    Messages:
    149
    I called yesterday morning & was able to book a 2 bdrm for this Monday thru Friday. They had OKW & SSR available. It doesn't really matter where we stay as long as we r at Disney. OKW is our home resort so we decided on SSR this time. Yeah 3 more days & I'll b home:lovestruc
     
  14. spiceycat

    spiceycat dvc-blt,vwl,bwv

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2000
    Messages:
    37,502
    well Lildalejrfan got hers.

    how about you, AKLFan3 did you get anything?
     

Share This Page