is it allowed to use someone else (in your party) dining credits?

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by BarbieSmith, Sep 26, 2013.

1. BarbieSmith

BarbieSmith Mouseketeer

Our family has multiple rooms (with free dining pin!)... I made (and paid) for all rooms at the same time, but each room has it's own reservation number, I believe. We are going 1st week of December.

My question: may we use each other's dining credits (on a limited basis)? Let's say my sister is in another room from me (we are both adults)... may I use her credits (she doesn't eat out much) to do signature dining, for example? Is the meal accounting by room, or by magic band?

I *do* understand the part about not using more credits than are available to that room (if there are 3 adults and 1 child in the room... well, then only 3 adult and 1 child meal can be ordered at that time).

Thanks so much, it is all so confusing. :)
    Barbie

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

If she is in a different room you will have to get a key card (or band) that is assigned to her room in order to use them. Because you are on separate room reservations, the computer will not consider you to be part of the same party for dining plan purposes.

You will also not be able to combine one credit from her account and one credit from your account to pay for a 2 credit restaurant. Both credits for a 2 credit restaurant must come from the same account.

4. BarbieSmith

BarbieSmith Mouseketeer

Thanks for your help! ;)
    Barbie

5. Swissmiss

Swissmiss Earning My Ears

Does this imply that I could use one my my "DD's" credits (she's an adult for DDP) to take my sister out for lunch while we pay OOP for DD (who may not eat much)? My sister isn't staying at the resort with us, but visiting for the day.

6. aaarcher86

aaarcher86 DIS Veteran

No. That would be against policy. Credits can only be used for those in your room.

7. Swissmiss

Swissmiss Earning My Ears

Thank you for the clarification!