Is it a bad sign for the vacation when you faint on the plane? COMPLETED!

When I last wrote we were headed out of the Kona Café to get our car from valet. The plan for the day was for me to get dropped off at Downtown Disney Marketplace to get my shop on, while the boys went back to the resort to hang out/swim/play. Our dinner plans that night were to return to the Poly for dinner at ‘Ohana’s (it’s usually DH’s only request for an ADR each trip).

Because I’m a WDW junkie I knew that you only had to pay for Valet parking once a day. You then can valet park as much as you want and at the different deluxe resorts all day long for that $10. I reminded DH to get a receipt from the valet desk. The woman at the desk tried telling DH that she couldn’t give him a receipt. Huh? Then how do we prove that we’ve paid for valet parking for the day? I wasn’t speaking with her (DH was)….but it was obvious that she didn’t know her job very well and had no interest in finding out how to do it correctly.

That is a huge pet peeve of mine…I get really annoyed when I know more than the CM I am talking to. Now I don’t expect a bus driver to know the details of the dinning plan…but I do expect them to know the route from the park to my resort (raise your hand if you’ve ever had a bus driver at Disney get lost. My hand is raised HIGH.) And I once had a CRO CM tell me that you can’t walk from SSR to DTD….too bad her information was years old at that point.

Back to the Poly…I took over for DH in getting this resolved (care to guess who is the pit bull in our marriage when it comes to this stuff?). I skipped that woman at the desk completely….I went to the front line CM….our valet….I told him what I needed and what desk lady said and low and behold I had my receipt within a minute. Thank you young man! And we were on our way to DTD.

Now if you have forgotten, let me remind you of a couple of important things for the next little story. I was in the 2nd trimester of my pregnancy…still suffering from morning sickness (thankfully less then what it had been) and car sickness (one of my lovely “symptoms” of pregnancy) and I had been battling a cold and cough for the last 2 weeks…and the cough was getting worst. Can you see where this is going??? Now I wasn’t going to tell this story originally but it seems to be a trend in TRs of late. Puke.

Now I want to stress that this had nothing to do with my breakfast at Kona Café.

While we were driving along to DTD I started to have a coughing fit. All week long I seemed to always have a drink in the car with me that I could sooth the cough with. I had no drink with me that morning. Thankfully want I did have was a one-gallon size empty Ziploc bag. Can you say “Lifesaver”? Or at least “keep the car and myself clean saver”. (ScottNY, if you are reading this….put one in your pocket for Biff the next time you travel when he is sick.) The coughing fit brought on the puke….it wasn’t that bad but I wanted to detour back to the resort to freshen-up. The boys stayed in the car while I ran to the room for a few minutes. I was back to the car quickly….I had shopping to do! And we headed for DTD.

I just about freaked out when I saw my ticker today.....60 days 'til Baby! And we need to be ready 2 weeks before that!

I can totally understand the puking because of coughing feeling! I've been battling that for the past couple of weeks. I'm sure being pregnant made it that much worse. Ziploc bags come in handy for so many reasons. :thumbsup2

It is strange when you know more than the cm's...I've ran into that a few times!
One time I called to make "adr's" and the cm had no idea what I was talking about!:rotfl:

I've done the coughing till you puke thing before too...not fun! Mine was in the middle of a play I was doing.........luckily for me and the audience I was off stage at the time.

Only 2 months till the baby!!!:banana: You must be so excited!!:cloud9:

No fun about the puking, but I am laughing a little, Heidi, because despite getting sick, you were still bound and determined to get to DtD to shop! That's my girl! :laughing:

Thanks! I've been reading along on your TR....I'm looking forward to your future trips with Henry to see how he does as he gets older.

I look forward to watching your Liam (and new baby girl!) grow up through your TRs too! :goodvibes Won't it be fun to look back on these in years?

I knew it was going to be the puke! I just knew it! :sad2: I'm sooooo sorry! Ugh. I know about that ALL TOO WELL at Disney World! :laughing: Good idea on the plastic baggies, I'm making a mental note of that one (even though I have loudly and often declared "DECEMBER WILL BE PUKE FREE!" ;))

I'm so happy it was quick and you were freshened up and ready to shop!

60 days until baby! :yay: and :eek:!

I can totally understand the puking because of coughing feeling! I've been battling that for the past couple of weeks. I'm sure being pregnant made it that much worse. Ziploc bags come in handy for so many reasons. :thumbsup2

I always keep a small stash in my bag of ziplocs and wipes.

It is strange when you know more than the cm's...I've ran into that a few times!
One time I called to make "adr's" and the cm had no idea what I was talking about!:rotfl:

I've done the coughing till you puke thing before too...not fun! Mine was in the middle of a play I was doing.........luckily for me and the audience I was off stage at the time.

Only 2 months till the baby!!!:banana: You must be so excited!!:cloud9:

Thankfully you were off-stage!

Yes we are getting excited for the baby. We have to move Liam out of the nursery to his new room before I can get everything ready for the baby...and the waiting is killing me!

No fun about the puking, but I am laughing a little, Heidi, because despite getting sick, you were still bound and determined to get to DtD to shop! That's my girl! :laughing:

I was actually miffed that it caused me to get to DTD later then I had wanted!

I look forward to watching your Liam (and new baby girl!) grow up through your TRs too! :goodvibes Won't it be fun to look back on these in years?

I knew it was going to be the puke! I just knew it! :sad2: I'm sooooo sorry! Ugh. I know about that ALL TOO WELL at Disney World! :laughing: Good idea on the plastic baggies, I'm making a mental note of that one (even though I have loudly and often declared "DECEMBER WILL BE PUKE FREE!" ;))

I'm so happy it was quick and you were freshened up and ready to shop!

60 days until baby! :yay: and :eek:!

I was so thankful that Liam wasn't sick at all on vacation and that he ate well.
Ziplocs are also handy for "dirty" clothes when you are in the park all day.

I just about freaked out when I saw my ticker today.....60 days 'til Baby! And we need to be ready 2 weeks before that!

Yay! :dance3:

Good luck with Liam's in-home therapy, too!

As for DTD shopping....wadja get? Wadja get??

Kathy

I just found your trip report today and read straight through!

There is definitely a puke theme lately!

Yay! :dance3:

Good luck with Liam's in-home therapy, too!

As for DTD shopping....wadja get? Wadja get??

Kathy

Shopping pictures coming up in the next update. I spend way too much at DTD!

I just found your trip report today and read straight through!

There is definitely a puke theme lately!

Thanks for joining us!

Seems like a lot of people are either getting sick on the way down or as soon as they get back.

You are so funny!! Puking just caused a slight detour in your shopping plans! :laughing: I hope you have some good stuff to show us and that there wasn't any more puking during the trip. :thumbsup2

Good luck on Friday!

Way to recover! I would have been down and out for a bit. I hate puking so much that it really shakes me up for a bit. :rotfl:

How did you like CBR? I liked our village....I thought it was really quiet, and not that bad of a walk to the food court/pool.

When we first saw the location, I wasn't thrilled. I thought it was quite a ways away from the food court/pool. But after a couple of days, I loved it! The walk to Old Port Royale wasn't really that far. And you're right -- the village was quiet! We were also right near the bus stop - just across the parking lot. CBR was our first Disney resort, and we all ended up loving it.

This is going to sound so weird. I'm glad you wrote about the puking. :upsidedow

But seriously. It happened, it's part of your trip, part of pregnancy, and there you go.

I can't wait to hear how you got your shop on. :thumbsup2

I have finally had a chance to catch up on your trip report. It's really good. I have a lot of sympathy with the rides and Liam. My DD (3) was so scared of the really loud rides. She is really sensitive to loud noises and we had to leave a few rides. But on the othe hand she love the Haunted Mansion- go figure.
I hope all is going well with the pregnancy!

Heidi:

Enjoying your report....Liam is such a cutie....
Looking forward to reading the rest......

Little update on Liam: he starts his weekly in-home speech therapy this Friday. We've been working with him ourselves (to the best of our ability) and he is using a couple of sign language signs and we have been hearing the "nk" sound from the word drink. I'll be thinking of you both tomorrow!
Baby Girl is doing well. I'm at 31 weeks now and she is going thru a growth sprut....I can feel it! LOL Wow it's getting close!

Is there any interest in doing a fun baby pool to see who can pick the birth day, weight, name.....? If there is, I'll set something up on the community board. I'm in for that! How FUN!
Heidi

"Liam smiles everything he sees a picture of Margaret.....I think he has a crush "

That is so sweet...I will have to show her a picture of him :hug:

And hey a liitle puke never stops a determined woman....and you know a man would be so down for the count....sorry men:rolleyes1

Can't wait to see what you bought!

Scrappie

You are so funny!! Puking just caused a slight detour in your shopping plans! :laughing: I hope you have some good stuff to show us and that there wasn't any more puking during the trip. :thumbsup2

Good luck on Friday!

I have tons of shopping to show you....and thankfully no more puke stories!

Way to recover! I would have been down and out for a bit. I hate puking so much that it really shakes me up for a bit. :rotfl:

It's different when you are pregnant because you aren't really sick....just for those few minutes and then you get on with life.

When we first saw the location, I wasn't thrilled. I thought it was quite a ways away from the food court/pool. But after a couple of days, I loved it! The walk to Old Port Royale wasn't really that far. And you're right -- the village was quiet! We were also right near the bus stop - just across the parking lot. CBR was our first Disney resort, and we all ended up loving it.

I started reading your TR...girl you took some serious notes!

This is going to sound so weird. I'm glad you wrote about the puking. :upsidedow

But seriously. It happened, it's part of your trip, part of pregnancy, and there you go.

I can't wait to hear how you got your shop on. :thumbsup2

I just figured I'd join the puke story bandwagon....didn't Tink write about Missy puking too?

I have finally had a chance to catch up on your trip report. It's really good. I have a lot of sympathy with the rides and Liam. My DD (3) was so scared of the really loud rides. She is really sensitive to loud noises and we had to leave a few rides. But on the othe hand she love the Haunted Mansion- go figure.
I hope all is going well with the pregnancy!

I think at some point Liam thought that any inside ride/show was going to be loud, even if it wasn't, so that really limited us in what we could do.

Heidi:

Enjoying your report....Liam is such a cutie....
Looking forward to reading the rest......

Thanks! More coming up in the next few days.

And hey a liitle puke never stops a determined woman....and you know a man would be so down for the count....sorry men:rolleyes1

Can't wait to see what you bought!

Scrappie

So true!

I'm working on the shopping post...it's bigger than I thought it would be!!!!
Liam's 1st speech therapy session went well this morning....he took right to his therapist and played well with her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter