Is it a bad sign for the vacation when you faint on the plane? COMPLETED!

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by MRYPPNS, Nov 7, 2008.

1. pooh'smate

pooh'smate <font color=royalblue>My ticker is actually a day

So glad to hear that Liam is asleep for you. Hope he is in a better mood for you when he wakes up.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. MRYPPNS

MRYPPNS Practically Prefect in Every Way

The key is more the time of day....after lunch time Fantasyland is always mobbed.

I think people with no little kids or no kids at all try to hit the 3 mountains first thing in the morning, leaving Fantasyland empty.

Some reviews of the tuna sandwich say that it has pickle relish in it. Mine did not, and I hate relish so I would have know if it did.

I find it funny now but I really wanted to try the tuna sandwich...it's nice to have a go to meal that isn't burgers in every park. I'm actually fussy when it comes to tuna sandwiches so I told myself that if I didn't like it I could have a treat later to make up for it. I loved the sandwich and still had the treat too!

Everyone is always in such a hurry at Disney that we miss so much. So I loved it that I had the chance to slow down in the stretching room this time.

If you eat at CHH, remember that there is seating upstairs too. And there is a station up there too for napkins, ketchup etc.

It was nice to be able to go on Haunted Mansion. I had originally planned for all of us to go on it....DH thought I was nuts for thinking that Liam would have been able to handle it.

We can usually do all of Fantasyland in the first two hours of the day....then we go back later in the afternoon and laugh at all the people in the Peter Pan line that goes down around the corner and back up! We're evil!

CHH doesn't even look like a restaurant from outside. Just as long as you want chicken or fish it's a great CS place!

Read the Haunted Mansion blog on Allearsnet by Jack Spence....he rode it like 10 times in a row and wrote all about the attic scene.

I didn't care for the kids menu at CHH but if Liam was awake DH would have gotten the chicken to share with him
    That has been my life for the past week.....Liam is not napping very well right now and it's really starting to tirer me out.

Yes it was very nice of DH to offer!

I don't think he could have been in a worst mood...so anything would have been an improvement! :lmao:

4. addictedtothemouse

addictedtothemouse DIS Veteran

:lmao:

5. myrsfmly

myrsfmly DIS Veteran

A napping baby and the Haunted Mansion... does life get any better? Hope your lucky turn holds...

6. If U Had Wings

If U Had Wings DIS Veteran

I hit Fantasyland 1st especially for that reason. I don't mind waiting a bit for the moutains, but I don't really want to wait an hour to ride on Peter Pan or Pooh as much as I may love them. I like to be able to ride them with no wait. I've been able to get pretty much ride all of Fantasyland in about an hour. (No Dumbo though).

7. mousescrapper

mousescrapper DIS Veteran

Wonderful update yet again.

Thanks for the fun pictures around HM too....and I didn't know about those gargoyles either...another note to remember:thumbsup2

Super :yay: and smart thinking about the rockers. What a wonderful DH to sit w/ him. So glad he napped for you and you guys had a nice lunch! We love CHH too.

8. jordanyosh

jordanyosh DIS Veteran

CHH is a nice restaurant!! my fave CS in the MK. I'm glad you enjoyed your meal there. Your timing there was perfect!!

9. kschafer

kschafer DIS Veteran

True, but it never looked like that at 10 am in June! Someday I'll talk my DH (who is a teacher) to take time off work to go during the offseason

10. Charleston Princess

Charleston Princess DIS Veteran

Thanks for the tip about CHH's station and upstairs seating. We will definitely head up there.

11. pixiefairy

pixiefairy DIS Veteran

I never knew that about the gargoyles! Something to listen for next month. Learn something new every day. :goodvibes

That's wonderful that your dh got Liam to sleep. My little guy is stubborn...he probably would have pitched a bigger fit until I got back. :rolleyes:

12. Jane Michaels

Jane Michaels Earning My Ears

I am guilty of being a lurker, but please, please, please write a new day! I check every morning to see if you have added a new thread!

13. pooh'smate

pooh'smate <font color=royalblue>My ticker is actually a day

Just wanted to let you know that I went back and read your whole ptr. It was great. I love the reports you did on Santa's Village and Storyland. My parents used to take my brother and I there every summer when we were little.

14. MRYPPNS

....well winning a night in the castle would have been nice too....:lmao:

I so agree with that!

Rocking chairs will come up again much later in the TR.

My fave is Pecos Bills. But CHH has always given us a good meal there...all 2 times!

Good luck with that!

Try the side of cole slaw....I want to know if it's any good :upsidedow

We kinda knew he would be out in a couple minutes with the rocking, otherwise I don't know if I would have dared to left them.

Thanks for de-lurking....you are in luck, I have a quick update coming up.

Thanks for reading the PTR Pooh! It got much bigger than I ever thought it would.
    I plan to take the kids to Storyland every year. I went often too as a kid.

15. MRYPPNS

When I last wrote, we were making our escape from CHH. So what do you do with a sleeping tot? Walk around and notice things you have never seen before and get a snack.

We found a little side alley near CHH that we didn’t know existed (sorry no picture). It looked like a good place to hide from the crowds (or so we imagined because there is never crowds when we go). And I finally got to see the Liberty Tree:

[​IMG]

Then we made our way to Adventureland. It was the first time I noticed this on top of one of the buildings:

[​IMG]

Love that little detail!

And what is better to sooth the jagged soul from a rocky morning than one of these babies!

[​IMG]

My beloved Dole Whip float! So yummy. And if you were wondering how cold it was that day….my dole whip did not melt, not at all. Usually it’s a mess just a couple minutes after you get it. It never melted!!!

We hung out in this little Meet n’ Greet alcove while I ate my Dole Whip and Liam slept.

[​IMG]

Toddler Tip: Bring binder clips and a receiving blanket with you and you can make a little “tent” for your stroller.

Liam’s nap was about an hour and 20 minutes. And he woke up in a good mood!!! Next we looked for a place to sit down and feed him the lunch we had packed for him.

We figured the Noodle Station Terrance would be empty, and it was so we feed Liam his lunch there.

This was the view:
    [​IMG]

This is a light near where we were sitting:
    [​IMG]

After Liam’s lunch we decided what to do with the rest of our day; but first we needed to stop at the Baby Care Center to change Liam’s diaper.

I’ve never noticed this either:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Picture of Casey’s Corner:
    [​IMG]

The Baby Care Center was nice. There were 4-5 changing tables in a little room. And then there was this little room with highchairs, a few toys and a TV on.

Here’s Liam getting his TV fix for the day:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next up: do we gamble with Liam’s good mood and have his hair cut for the first time?

To my readers: I have one set of park maps and times guides from our trip that are ready to be dropped in the mail to someone that needs them for planning their upcoming trip. I will mail them to the first person that PM's me their mailing address. UPDATE: I've gotten a PM for the maps already!

16. jordanyosh

jordanyosh DIS Veteran

Classic pic!

Stunning picture of the castle

17. carissanboys

carissanboys DIS Veteran

I loved that update. I'm really hoping that since this is our 3rd trip coming up - that we won't feel so overwhelmed and we'll be able to take the time to notice all of those special details. :thumbsup2

That Dole Whip Float looks very yummy. I have yet to try one, but your picture is enticing me to do so.

Yay for Liam getting such a good nap in! :cool1:

18. DisMomAmy

DisMomAmy DIS Veteran

You got some great pictures! I love all of those details you noticed. You shoud post a "guess where this is" picture with each of your posts and see if anyone can figure it out. I haven't seen any of those things before. I've been so hyper-focused on the kids and our touring plan that I've been blind to so many things. Even when I went with my mom - we took in a lot at Epcot, but between the length of our trip (only 1 full day and 2 half days) and all the rain we got, I missed a lot of that stuff again. I'm going to try really hard to take it all in this time. We'll see... :confused3

19. mrsksomeday

mrsksomeday My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Wow those pictures were fantastic. The one of the Castle is amazing :love: !!! Great tip for the stroller. I need to look around at things more this next trip.

20. MRYPPNS

The funny thing about that stroller picture....we just kinda parked him there and then hung out about 10 feet away from him so we could people watch.

Thanks, next trip I'm so watching Wishes from that spot.

I love them...I had the pleasure one having one in Hawaii at the Dole plantation on my honeymoon.

I still see pictures on the DIS and go "where is that, I haven't seen that before" Especially in World Showcase.

Thanks! As you will read later....we made a lot of lemonade this trip with the lemons that kept popping up.

21. Charleston Princess

Charleston Princess DIS Veteran

Yeay, a Heidi update!

Sadly I will not be trying the cole slaw at CHH -- the only time I eat cole slaw is smothered all over a hot dog for a good ol' slaw dog!

Dole whips don't always melt all over your hands??? Who knew! When we go in the summer they are always a big sticky mess! ;)

Beautiful photos -- it may have been cold that day but the sun was spectacular!

That place where you took the stroller pic is my favorite spot to eat our Dole whips!