• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

is epcot worth it after 4 but there is the extended hours that day?

ktcohn

Earning My Ears
we are going to arrive in orlando on the 26th at 3PM by the time we go our hotel is it worth it to go to a park does not matter which one, they have the extended hours that night..? Just wanted to see what we should do that day thanks!

It's always worth it to me to go to Epcot - we end every day at Epcot. Not sure how the ride lines will be with EMH that night, but it's just fun to wander around through World Showcase for the evening.

It depends. I like to chill out by going to DTD and just wandering because I've had a long day traveling. However, I love Epcot at night and it's great to wander around the countries, snacking. Then you can catch Illuminations.

Just becareful not to overextend yourselves right away. I had been to Disney before but my DH hadn't and we went to MK the evening of our arrival day. He ended up hating MK because all he remembers is that he was tired and had to walk around the park.

Have you been to Disney before?

The 26th of what? January 26th it's the Magic Kingdom that has evening EMH. Just curious.

We've popped over to Epcot for a few hours just to eat, walk around and soak up the atmosphere and watch Illuminations! Definitely worth it for us.

great to hear the recommendations -- I'm arriving on the 23rd, Epcot's evening EMH day - I wanted to start there because we won't get to the resort until 2ish and the other parks close relatively early. Then I heard that only two of the countries in the WS stay open after IllumiNations....

now I'm getting excited [okay, I was already excited - now I'm getting MORE excited]

Hi Debbie! I found you over here. :goodvibes

I think the World Showcase, especially at night, is very pretty and relaxing.

I think it depends on how long you've spent travelling. If you're tired then Epcot could be tiring as it's quite a long walk around the WS. If you have plenty of energy then its a great idea - it's beautiful at night and you'll get to see Illuminations.

You need to weigh up sneaking in some time at the park with being rested so that you can hit the parks early the next morning.

Have a great trip :)

On a Friday EMH night,I drove to Disney to join my sister and her family at Epcot. We arrived a little before 6 pm and had dinner at Norway(horrible food!!),then did Mission Space,Test Track,Soarin',Livin' with the land,and Honey I Shrunk the Audience and left a little bit after 10. Yes, after 4 is worth it when there is an EMH night at Epcot.

Hi Debbie! I found you over here. :goodvibes

I think the World Showcase, especially at night, is very pretty and relaxing.

Hey, Deb!

I finally decided that Epcot will be okay in the afternoon with EMH - we'll get fastpasses right when we get there, eat, wander through the WS, ride the FP rides, watch Illuminations then call it a night. It is nice that we do have a short flight - that would be overwhelming after a long, Alaska-sized trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter