Is Disney switching to coke freestyle machines at the resorts?

I sure hope they do not make this mistake. These machines are inconvenient because they can only serve one guest at a time. I have been to fast food places where 4 people are waiting to use one machine. Even if they put in 10 it would still be so slow because when you give people too many choices they can't make one. Also these machines make all soda taste bad, except root beer.

I think disney will move to this route and use the same set up as Universal uses. They have the freestyle machines throughout the park and you can buy a single day mug for like $13. ( i don't know if there is multi day option, never asked) They are usually in banks of 2 or 3 and there is usually never a line of more then two deep waiting on them.

I don't think that Disney will ever have the Freestyle machines. They want to make the decision making for their guests as easy as possible. People can be pains in the asses when it comes to picking their drinks already.

I would love to have some Club Cool like options though. It'd be great to have them in big versions. Plus people from other countries can enjoy their favorite soft drinks. I doubt that Italy actually likes Beverly though.

I don't think that Disney will ever have the Freestyle machines. They want to make the decision making for their guests as easy as possible. People can be pains in the asses when it comes to picking their drinks already.

I would love to have some Club Cool like options though. It'd be great to have them in big versions. Plus people from other countries can enjoy their favorite soft drinks. I doubt that Italy actually likes Beverly though.
Watch the language please.

I would love this as I mainly drink caffeine free drinks and my choices now are diet lemonade and sprite and I really don't care for either; with freestyle I have a much bigger selection.

I would hope they cater to my needs and offer The Beverly

I love the machines and love the options and the caffeine options.

I belive Coke in time wants to move to all freestyle everywhere, so chances are in time they are coming.

I love the machines (how else can I get diet grape Fanta?), but they don't handle crowds well.
  • People take too long to decide what to get
  • They run out of syrup fast in high traffic areas, they hold less syrup than the fountains
  • Inventory is reported by the machine via wifi/cellular straight to the distributor, who comes and refills them. They don't just swap the boxes in back like at a regular fountain

Last edited:
I love the machines (how else can I get diet grape Fanta?)

That's the same drink I get every time I go to Fuddruckers. I can't find it anywhere else, I've looked for it at Walmart, but all they have is the regular version.

I love the machines (how else can I get diet grape Fanta?), but they don't handle crowds well.
  • People take too long to decide what to get
  • They run out of syrup fast in high traffic areas, they hold less syrup than the fountains
  • Inventory is reported by the machine via wifi/cellular straight to the distributor, who comes and refills them. They don't just swap the boxes in back like at a regular fountain
Not sure on the refilling. I have seen employees at our local Burger Kings and Wendys replacing the syrup in the machines.

Not sure on the refilling. I have seen employees at our local Burger Kings and Wendys replacing the syrup in the machines.
Agreed. I'm pretty sure the people I saw refilling at the local Fuddruckers were restaurant employees.

They have used two freestyle machines at the Chase Visa lounge above the American Adventure during Food and Wine the past couple of years. I love these machines, but there is usually a line which is frustrating.

They have used two freestyle machines at the Chase Visa lounge above the American Adventure during Food and Wine the past couple of years. I love these machines, but there is usually a line which is frustrating.
We never experienced a line at Universal. If there are enough of the machines, lines aren't a problem.

I'm in favor of this. I don't drink soda pop, but do drink Powerade when I feel my electrolytes slipping away from me. Some of the machines had Powerade last year, but I seem to remember it was limited only to blue Powerade. I'm not too picky about colors (seriously, most of them taste the same to me except for that lemon-lime stuff) but it would be nice to see Powerade and other non-carbonated beverages other than that lame excuse for lemonade offered consistently.

I'm in favor of this. I don't drink soda pop, but do drink Powerade when I feel my electrolytes slipping away from me. Some of the machines had Powerade last year, but I seem to remember it was limited only to blue Powerade. I'm not too picky about colors (seriously, most of them taste the same to me except for that lemon-lime stuff) but it would be nice to see Powerade and other non-carbonated beverages other than that lame excuse for lemonade offered consistently.
They also offer coffee, hot tea, iced tea, sweet tea, and green tea.

They also offer coffee, hot tea, iced tea, sweet tea, and green tea.

I didn't know that!! Maybe it's because I always got my refills at the pool? Great to know as I do appreciate a good cup of tea...even if it's 90 degrees out!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!