Is concierge worth it over a holiday weekend?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by susy, Jun 10, 2004.

1. susy

susy Guest

basically, will the lounge be overun with people, running out of food, unsupervised kids touching everything...all the horror stories I've read on here? We are considering concierge, but worried about not getting the "true" experience. If it will be too crowded, I'd rather stay in a regular room.
    Thanks!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. ckj

ckj <font color=993300>They took a polaroid pic while

It's Disney, there'll be kids in the lounge no matter when you go. You never know who will be in the lounge. We've been there and there has been a lot of people (including kiddies) and they were all well behaved. Of course you could run into the unsupervised child or children, but you never know, holiday weekend or not.

I don't think you'd have to worry about running out of food, the AKL conc staff has been great when we've been there.
    However, if you're planning on having 3 course meals from the lounge you will probably be disappointed.

4. susy

susy Guest

Just wondering from those who usually do concierge if you think that going on a busy weekend would detract from my enjoyment of the experience.

5. floridafam

floridafam DIS Veteran

If I knew the name of the little boy who was putting his "boogers" in the cupcakes at YC Concierge last October, I'd call him and ask him if he was going to WDW over the holiday. :D

Seriously, I think I would rather stay concierge on a holiday weekend because everything is going to be so busy and having access to a concierge lounge might give you more chances to relax.

6. KELLIE JONES

KELLIE JONES Mouseketeer

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL....................................LOL:rotfl:

Wouldnt that come in handy!!

7. #1hockeymom

#1hockeymom <font color=blue>Wants to DRIVE the zamboni

I think a holiday weekend is a good reason TO book concierge! They can only book so many rooms concierge and on any given day I think they tend to be filled, whereas a resort fills to capacity on a holiday weekend but not on a regular weekend. (I hope this makes sense!) The lounge will be a haven in the middle of the madness during a holiday! :rolleyes: (I am getting confused just reading this!)

Debbie

8. BambiTamby

BambiTamby DIS Veteran

Made perfect sense to me!::yes::

yes, susy! Our concierge lounge was like a refreshing oasis during spring break!

No long lines for a drink or snack!

Remember, like ckj, pointed out....concierge is not meant as a meal plan...it's a meal supplement plan!;) :teeth:

9. dg39

dg39 DIS Veteran

Concierge is always worth it to us. We just love it. We were upgraded years ago to concierge and after that, we always book it. Kids are kids and sometimes you get 1 or 2 running around, but the way I look at it, thats what healthy kids do. They run around, make noise and just have a good old time. But, there is a difference, between that and a bratty kid who runs amok, touching everything.

10. susy

susy Guest

I'm just going by what I've read on here. I've pretty much decided not to do it. If I need a haven, I'll go to my room. Since it's such a short trip, I don't need help with PS or anything. For the cost of "concierge " for one weekend, I can have another weekend at WDW. Over a longer trip, it is probably worth it.