Is Chef mickey As Bad As..

mommylovesdisneymore

DIS Veteran
Is Chef Mickey as bad as what I have been hearing? I thought it was considered the best Character meal now I have booked in Dec and keep reading all these bad reviews and comments is it really that awful??

You have to remember this is all personal opinion. We LOVE Chef Mickeys and go everytime we go to WDW. The food isnt amazing but it is good and we love the atmosphere! If you have never been I would suggest giving it a try! I think with CM's you either love it or hate it.... we love it, so do a lot of others, but a lot of others dont care for it as well. If you go for the last seating you can stay til they close and get pictures of the characters together like this one....
micmin.jpg

This was last December and I am going back this december! YEAH!!:banana: :banana:

The food is just so-so. You will be going for the character interaction and it is a fun time. We have done this dinner a couple of times, but definately not every trip.

We LOVE Chef Mickey's!!! I think that the breakfast food is actually "very good" but that the dinner food is only "fair" (at best).

we have always eaten breakfast there.....we love the selection..it's a big buffet of everything but never ate there at any other meals other than breaksfast.....book fast though cause it books fast.....my opinion ...everyone is different:flower3:

In my humble opinion, I like Chef Mickey. I prefer the selection of the breakfast buffet in comparison to the family style meals at some of the other character dining experiences.

I have left other character dining experiences hungry...ie, Ohana, Akerhus which are served family style and never seem to give you enough food before you feel rushed out.

We ate at 10 different table service restaurants on our recent trip and had some wonderful meals. That said, CM's for breakfast was my absolute favorite of the whole trip. The atmosphere was great, the food was awesome and fresh and the characters were wonderful. It was a magical meal for our family.:grouphug:

We enjoyed the breakfast and the characters. Will most likely do it again as well.
cm.jpg

I am not sure if lunch is still being served. We were there this past Sept, and could only get reservations for lunch. It was really bad! I filled up on salad and that was really basic, nothing really much to put on the salad. On the other hand..we went last year for dinner and we loved it! I would go back again, but only for dinner or maybe breakfast next time. We never did breakfast.

We have always made a point go return to CMs for breakfast before going to the MK - the kids love the characters and you can see most of them here!

We have never been for dinner; only breakfast so cant comment on any of the other food, but breakfast is pretty good - sure the food isnt the best in the world, but its not the worst either.

We had Christmas Dinner there last year and thought it was great. We are from England and I just couldn't believe you get Christmas Dinner for under $40. It would cost atleast £50 ($100) in England and thats without the characters. I can only imagine what a character meal (if they did them) would cost. I thought the food was very good with a big selection. The characters were, as always, a lot of fun and spent lots of time with my son. We are having Christmas dinner there again this year so I would higky recommend.

We went for breakfast and for dinner earlier this month.

Breakfast had very good breakfast foods, and GREAT character interaction. We had the first seating of the day and the characters really hammed it up and interacted with the kids.

Dinner had regular average dinner foods. Nothing to write home about but nothing horrible either. Character interaction at dinner wasn't as good as at breakfast, but it was still good. We also had the first dinner seating, so the characters should have still been fresh, they just felt a little more rushed. Again, it wasn't bad by any means - just when you compared the two meals you could see a difference between very good and great.

It seems to have gone down hill. We had dinner at Chef Mickey's in August. We waited over 30 mins. past our reservation time and then the food had gone down hill. The salmon was cold and the mashed potatos were very runny.

One tip I've heard, to avoid having to wait past your reservation time, is by making one of the first reservations for the shift. I have heard that the later your ressie is for, the more likely you'll have to wait additional time past your ADR time.

Is Chef Mickey as bad as what I have been hearing? I thought it was considered the best Character meal now I have booked in Dec and keep reading all these bad reviews and comments is it really that awful??
We finally tried Chef Mickeys last year after many trips to WDW and we loved it. There is a nice large selection of items for breakfast. It is a character meal so you are really going to see them. By the way my dh and i go without any children and we love it anyway. Go and enjoy it.

Breakfast is decent food

Dinner - not great food- nothing to write home about

We have been there for dinner twice and breakfast once. Both dinners have been at opening time (5pm) and the food on the kids area is already dried out. The items just don't seem that fresh. You would think that being there at opening the food would be fresh but it wasn't. Even my son who loves to go there for the characters didn't eat the food. One taste and didn't eat the rest. I had to purchasing him something in the parks after dinner because he was starving. That is an expensive meal to not eat anything at

The first time we went, years ago, everyone raved about it and when we tried we weren't impressed when I went back to look at the reviews again most of them raved about the mashed potatoes and the dessert bar. That should have been my clue. Of course we went back another time a few years later but it was worse

Most people go for the characters
Everyone has different experiences and the character interaction is fun, if you have never been go and try it out, you may like it. As you can see from the previous posts breakfast gets better reviews then dinner

Personally (food wise) I think that the Cape May buffet breakfast has a better selection and better quality of food

We have had breakfast and dinner at Chef Mickey's and prefer the breakfast. As for the experience...both were great. Wonderful character interaction. I loved it as much as the children and grandchildren.

We did dinner, and were not impressed at all. If we HAD to do a character meal, we did many others that far surpassed CM.

We thought CM (dinner) was really fun. Great character interaction - probably the best we encountered except for Stitch at Ohana's. The food wasn't that great but there is quite a selection so we each could find something we liked. It wasn't terrible just kind of bland (generic). We would do it again - maybe for breakfast next time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter