Is changing resorts mid-stay to save $ a bad idea?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by jebns, Jul 18, 2014.

1. jebns

jebns Earning My Ears

Hi all,
    We are a family of 6 (4 kiddos 4-11) who should spend our hard earned $ about fifty different ways before we spend it on another Disney trip, BUT, how do you say no to a Frozen obsessed 4 year old girl?? So, we are looking into a VERY last minute trip, as in next month, for 6 nights (so we can be sure to get to the Frozen show at Hollywood studios and not disrupt my boys' starting middle school) and we were looking for advice on a balancing act. We were looking at staying at either the Cabins or Swan/Dolphin (2 rooms, my family member works for Sheraton so the price is comparable) for 3 nights and the other 3 nights at Bonnet Creek or the like for $350. We are wondering if it makes sense to sacrifice the extra magic hours in the heat of the morning in favor of staying at Bonnet Creek the whole time and not dealing with a mid-stay move. We plan to do 2 days at Universal and SeaWorld is a maybe. We can rent a car but prefer not to for the whole trip if needed? Any guidance? We keep going around, and around and around...

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Babsy

Babsy DIS Veteran

I would do 3 nights at Swan/Dolphin and then move for the Universal and Sea world days. So convenient to DHS and Epcot.
    Have you considered staying at Universal (for front of line access) for the last 3 nights? I hear that it is worthwhile. Otherwise Bonnet Creek is supposed to be very nice (I haven't stayed here yet, myself, but it's on my todo list).

I like split stays very much and saving money that way is a no brainer for me!

4. trishadono

trishadono DIS Veteran

We just booked 3 nights so my dd19 could see Frozen and use our fast passes before expiring. When I checked the park hours for 8/11-14 there were very few magic hours offered at mornings and nights so I suggest you check and see if that will really matter.

I have done split stays to save but in general not with whole family but just mom n me trips. However if they are cooperative types you will manage fine. (My guys not very patient)

5. jebns

jebns Earning My Ears

Is it worth losing a day to split the stay?