Is Budget at MCO chaotic?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Maple17, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Maple17

Maple17 Mouseketeer

Trying to decide what to do for our upcoming Feb cruise. We arrive mid-afternoon. A one-way rental from MCO to Port Canaveral is about $50 (not incl gas). Is it a huge hassle to get the car at MCO, how long would we be waiting? We will have 2 children with us.

DH would rather use a car service to avoid the gong show (his words), approx $90 is what I have priced out for that.

Does anyone have any insight?

Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Brittmarie04

Brittmarie04 Mouseketeer

I can let you know soon. I'll be doing this on Sunday morning. I'm anxious to see other responses. The Disney bus transfer would coast us $110 one way. Got rental car for $26 then maybe $15 bucks to top off gas. Hoping it's easy and hassle free

4. lanejudy

lanejudy Moderator Moderator

I wouldn't say a "huge hassle" but there was a wait. We didn't do Budget though, I think it was Thrifty. All car rentals are in the same area but ours seemed to be almost the very last counter so it was a long walk. It somewhat depends on how many other travelers are trying to rent cars at the same time. And of course, if you've rented from that agency previously so you're already in their system it's a little shorter time at the counter. All told, probably 30-45 minutes from when we collected our luggage until we left the parking garage, but it seemed like a lot longer.

5. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

When renting from Budget at MCO, be sure you have signed up for Fastbreak. This allows you to skip the line at MCO terminal and proceed across the street to the garage. You'll sign the papers there and get your key.

The line at MCO the time we didn't do this was about 90 minutes and was a PAIN. With Fastbreak, it takes no time at all....

6. MND

MND DIS Veteran

There is no wait at all if you are a Budget Fastbreak member. It is easy peasy at MCO, and joining Fastbreak is a snap!

Mike

7. MND

MND DIS Veteran

Jinx! I think great mines think alike! :)

8. woody73

woody73 <font color=darkorange>Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen<br><

I'm a Budget Fastbreak member. During my last rental at MCO in November, it took around 30 minutes to get the car because there was only one clerk at the garage counter, and no separate Fastbreak line. Everyone had to wait in the same line.

Also, after we got to the car we noticed some damage that we wanted documented. So it was back to the garage counter and another wait in line.

YMMV

Woody

9. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

My husband and I rent cars from MCO all the time. I rent from who is the cheapest, so I have rented from Budget on several occasions. One of us goes to the luggage carousel and the other picks up the car. My husband was in the garage picking out the car before my luggage was off the carousel on our last trip and it was Budget.

10. Weedy

Weedy DIS Veteran

The car service would be better when you get to the port. They will just drop you off right at the port. With the rental car you will have to drop the car off at Budget then take a shuttle bus ( sometimes long lines) to the port.

11. Maple17

Maple17 Mouseketeer

Yes, please let me know. $26, wow, good price!

12. Maple17

Maple17 Mouseketeer

Will definitely sign up for Fastbreak. Can we return the car that evening in Cape Canaveral? I imagine the office closes at the end of the business day. We are staying at Country Inn and it would be nice to return the car the day we get there and use the hotel's shuttle to the port in the morning.

13. WDW Princess 71

WDW Princess 71 DIS Veteran

Is there a fee to sign up for Fastbreak, or any other requirement to utilize it? Or is it just a simple signup online that anyone can do?

14. racingfandj

racingfandj Mouseketeer

The rental's not a huge hassle and the return is quick and easy too. To me, the tolls are extremely confusing. The counter people don't give you any warning or information up front on which lanes to use either. I'll probably have several fines on my card when the statement comes through, but I figure it was better than causing an accident when we were unsure if we were in the right lane or not.

It shouldn't take you but a couple gallons fuel to get to Cape Canaveral from MCO. There is a station just past the ports and right before the Budget office. I'm not sure what their hours are, but when we went at the beginning of the month, I dropped the family off at the port and took the car back to Budget about 10:40 am. It was easier to catch the rental shuttle by myself with no luggage and the family had a spot in line at security. They got lined up in the parking garage waiting for security to open and by the time I got back on the shuttle bus, the gate opened at the bottom. I ended up beating them through security and into the terminal.