Is anyone following the Veronica Rose story?

Actually it is true, every base has a JAG office with lawyers, etc. They do personal business also. I am married to a government employee here in Germany, I used the base legal office to review my Chinese work contract before I left for China. I have also used them for a German work contract, so yes they do provide advice, insight, etc. You only have to have a military ID card and wait for an available appointment. Since the loser dad in question deployed, he would have had to see the JAG office prior to deploying as it is mandatory. Also if he really cared, he could have married the woman and she would have gotten benefits and his life insurance if anything happened. I feel for the adoptive parents and the dad well...time will tell!

That "loser dad" now has 100% full legal custody of his daughter.

So ~ yeah.

Actually it is true, every base has a JAG office with lawyers, etc. They do personal business also. I am married to a government employee here in Germany, I used the base legal office to review my Chinese work contract before I left for China. I have also used them for a German work contract, so yes they do provide advice, insight, etc. You only have to have a military ID card and wait for an available appointment. Since the loser dad in question deployed, he would have had to see the JAG office prior to deploying as it is mandatory. Also if he really cared, he could have married the woman and she would have gotten benefits and his life insurance if anything happened. I feel for the adoptive parents and the dad well...time will tell!

You can't marry someone who breaks up with you, moves away and refuses to have contact with you.

He wanted to marry her she didn't was he supposed to drag her to the alter against her will. She lied to every one she told them he was native american and that would stop the adoption. She pushed the father of the other two children out of their lives. As for the adoptive parents no sympathy at all they got friends to call the press, the loons on the save veronica page on facebook are still calling him a sperm donor. A man who didn't want his child wouldn't have fought for two years for her she is home with him and that is where she should stay.

Here we go again another mother sneaking behind her HUSBAND'S back to put their baby girl up for adoption. The judge sided with the father who claimed he supported his wife even though he had to go out of state for his work. She gave the adoption agency the wrong address to make sure he didn't find out in time, the adoption agency TOLD the paps that the father would object when he found out but they still went with it and they are blogging for donations to keep the child from the father

http://www.blackbluedog.com/2012/12...back-wife-secretly-gave-baby-up-for-adoption/

This is what the potential adoptive parents said after being told to give the child to her father

“We knew that we were not done having children, but after years of sudden infertility and several miscarriages … we discovered somewhere down the line that Kristi had advanced endometriosis, and would not likely conceive or carry another child again.”
“Since that eventful day, we have, as a family, come to know that this dream was a righteous desire blessed to fruition by God, and that Leah would be that child – and yet, little did we know the challenges and trials that awaited us in finding and fighting for this little girl.” (The Frei family named Achane’s baby Leah)
According to The Tribune, Bland had given the adoption agency Achane’s former address in Texas for contact, while being fully aware that he was not there. She did this intentionally so that it would appear that he did not contest the adoption.

Once Achane found out his daughter had been given up for adoption, he contacted the agency but the adoption agency was not helpful. The agency claimed that it was standard procedure to not share any information with a father of a potential adoptive child.

Speaking about how long it is taking for him to get his daughter back, Achane said,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ave-fighting-court-win-daughter-returned.html
Speaking of the drawn out legal battle, he said: 'If they prolong it, that is more time away from my daughter. There are precious moments I can’t get back. ... It has been a year and a half now. There is no court order saying they have the right to my child. I just won the case. I want to get my daughter and raise my daughter,' he said.
Judge Darold McDade berated the Adoption Center of Choice's handling as 'utterly indefensible.'
'This is a case of human trafficking,' Mr Achane's attorney Mark Wiser told the Tribune.
'Children are being bought and sold. It is one thing what [adoption agencies] have been doing with unmarried biological fathers. It is in a new area when they are trying to take a child away from a married father who wants to have his child.'
'It has been a year and a half now. There is no court order saying they have the right to my child. I just won the case. I want to get my daughter and raise my daughter'
- Terry Achane
When an attorney for the Frei family contacted Mr Achane, asking him to consent to the adoption, he said no and demanded his little girl returned to him - to the Frei family's complete surprise.
'Over the last 19 months, despite the law requiring that a father show interest in his child and at least attempt regular communication to establish a bond, the father has never shown any interest in Leah other than to hire an attorney,' the family writes in their blog.
Despite a judge's order to return the child within 60 days, the family now asks that his parental rights granting him custody of her be terminated.
They accuse him of abandoning both the mother and baby during her pregnancy and therefore demonstrating no capability for raising the girl.
'The right of a fit, competent parent to raise the parent’s child without undue government interference is a fundamental liberty interest that has long been protected by the laws and constitution of this state of the United States, and is a fundamental public policy of this state,’ said Judge McDade.
He added that there is no law requiring the father to 'prove himself' as fit to father his own child.
'Once Mr Achane contacted the Adoption Center of Choice ... to let them know he opposed the adoption and wanted his daughter back, that should have been the end of this case,' said Mr McDade.
Not going down without a fight, the Freis vow to appeal the judge's decision, asking friends and family to support their case financially through their blog.
They note having paid for 'two already expensive adoptions (each costing around $25,000),' with a continuing fight only requiring more money.
Their online petition has since raised more than $20,000.
A hearing has been set for January 16 of next year on the child's transition back to her father.
Read more:

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ourt-win-daughter-returned.html#ixzz2ESAoj2Ji
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Our adopted daughter is 18. If anyone had tried to take her away when she was a toddler, we'd have disappeared.

Our adopted daughter is 18. If anyone had tried to take her away when she was a toddler, we'd have disappeared.

Did you illegally adopt her against the father's wishes, it was bad enough when Dusten Brown's ex girlfriend did it. Now we have a husband being screwed by the wife giving his daughter away out of malice.

this is what the wife said
Bland, 29, stepped forward earlier this week to give her side of the story — something she said she also tried to do back in October as the case went to trial and she felt maligned.

"The world needs to know I was left with nothing," Bland said in an interview with The Salt Lake Tribune Friday. "Nobody lived that dark time with me. ... I could only do what I could do at the time."\
what the husband proved to a judge
Achane successfully bid for a job as a drill sergeant at Fort Jackson in South Carolina and was told to report for duty by Feb. 1, 2011. Achane said he left Texas on Jan. 17, 2011, to find a home for his family before starting the new assignment. Bland wanted to stay in Texas to give birth, and Achane said he planned to come back for the delivery. He expected Bland to then join him in South Carolina.

Achane continued to deposit funds in their joint bank account, which was set up to automatically pay mortgage and other household bills. Achane said his wife also had access to money to pay for groceries, as well as pregnancy and living expenses. But Bland said there was little money left over for her and she felt Achane had no interest in their baby.
You don't have the right to steal another persons child and I would hope if you did run in this sort of case you would end up in prison.

Did you illegally adopt her against the father's wishes, it was bad enough when Dusten Brown's ex girlfriend did it. Now we have a husband being screwed by the wife giving his daughter away out of malice.

this is what the wife said
Bland, 29, stepped forward earlier this week to give her side of the story — something she said she also tried to do back in October as the case went to trial and she felt maligned.

"The world needs to know I was left with nothing," Bland said in an interview with The Salt Lake Tribune Friday. "Nobody lived that dark time with me. ... I could only do what I could do at the time."\
what the husband proved to a judge
Achane successfully bid for a job as a drill sergeant at Fort Jackson in South Carolina and was told to report for duty by Feb. 1, 2011. Achane said he left Texas on Jan. 17, 2011, to find a home for his family before starting the new assignment. Bland wanted to stay in Texas to give birth, and Achane said he planned to come back for the delivery. He expected Bland to then join him in South Carolina.

Achane continued to deposit funds in their joint bank account, which was set up to automatically pay mortgage and other household bills. Achane said his wife also had access to money to pay for groceries, as well as pregnancy and living expenses. But Bland said there was little money left over for her and she felt Achane had no interest in their baby.
You don't have the right to steal another persons child and I would hope if you did run in this sort of case you would end up in prison.

We did a private closed adoption and never met the parents. I'm guessing our attorney did everything above board.

Wishing someone was in prison kind of says you might be a wee bit too emotionally involved.

We did a private closed adoption and never met the parents. I'm guessing our attorney did everything above board.

Wishing someone was in prison kind of says you might be a wee bit too emotionally involved.

Uhmm. . .saying that you would've dissappeared if someone called into question your DD's adoption kinda' also says you might be a wee bit too emotionally involved, don'tcha think?

asked for her back long before she was a toddler. It's the adoptive parents that dragged this out through the court system for years.

asked for her back long before she was a toddler. It's the adoptive parents that dragged this out through the court system for years.

Yet again as with the Dusten Brown case, the Emma wyatt case (where the father was given custody) Utah has to be told to obey rules on this its way to easy to deprive a father of his rights in that state.

Uhmm. . .saying that you would've dissappeared if someone called into question your DD's adoption kinda' also says you might be a wee bit too emotionally involved, don'tcha think?

Uhmm, I have one post in this thread. I was talking about my daughter so I would be emotional, duh. It's a little different than getting all bent out of shape about a stranger's child.

Uhmm, I have one post in this thread. I was talking about my daughter so I would be emotional, duh. It's a little different than getting all bent out of shape about a stranger's child.
Uh, no. There was a crime here. The biological mother should go to prison, the adoption agency should be heavily fined, and the adoptive parents should be ashamed of themselves for trying to justify keeping the baby. If they do not return the baby, the baby should be forcibly taken from them, and they should be charged with a crime. They are trying to justify a kidnapping after the fact because they will feel a loss when they return the child to her father.

So you have no skin in the game?

ETA: If what you're trying to say is that only people who have adopted should be allowed to have a strong opinion on this case, I'm sorry, we'll have to strongly disagree.

They have changed the story on the web site
from this
Matt and Melanie adopted Veronica after her birth mom handpicked them to be her parents. Two years later, Veronica’s biological father, Dusten, decided he wanted to raise Veronica, and Matt and Melanie were forced to hand over their daughter. Dusten, who is part Cherokee Indian, was able to reclaim his daughter pursuant to the Indian Child Welfare Act (ICWA), which was enacted “to protect the best interests of Indian children and to promote the stability and security of Indian tribes and families.
To this which changes the whole slant of the story rather than say he waited two years they at least say he started fighting for her at 4 months

Matt and Melanie adopted Veronica after her birth mom handpicked them to be her parents. When Veronica’s biological father, Dusten, was notified about the adoption four months later, he decided he wanted to raise her, even though he had little involvement during the pregnancy and with the birth mother since Veronica’s birth. Dusten, who is part Cherokee Indian, was able to reclaim his daughter pursuant to the Indian Child Welfare Act (ICWA), which was enacted “to protect the best interests of Indian children and to promote the stability and security of Indian tribes and families.”

Do you have a link to the above?

Everything I have read said he signed away his rights and then changed his mind 4 months later.

Do you have a link to the above?

Everything I have read said he signed away his rights and then changed his mind 4 months later.

That poster was just quoting Dr. Phil's website.

I went out to find the promo text and went to his website. Not that I had a lot of respect for him or his producers before this, but in finding the linke, I had to listen to about 10 seconds of the promos for this show and it made me :crazy2:. He and the folks who make his show aren't worth a bucket of warm spit, IMHO.

http://drphil.com/shows/show/1895/

That poster was just quoting Dr. Phil's website.

I went out to find the promo text and went to his website. Not that I had a lot of respect for him or his producers before this, but in finding the linke, I had to listen to about 10 seconds of the promos for this show and it made me :crazy2:. He and the folks who make his show aren't worth a bucket of warm spit, IMHO.

http://drphil.com/shows/show/1895/

I watched his program on the "stalking and murder" of Morgan her parents are claiming over half a dozen people. Entered their house without anyone knowing and mud erred their daughter, and he allowed this to be on his show. Heis after Raines nd doesn't mind who he hurts and he isn't licensed to preactice these days he let that lapse

They will hear Veronica's case. Hoping for some justice. Finally.

Justice for Veronica would be to leave her with her family the cabobianca's are selfish worthless cowards who I wouldn't leave with a dog let alone a child.I editied out scum because I thought it might be a bit too far but really this attitude they have I cant have a baby so i want yours. Infertility is a very sad thing but life doesn't give you rights you don't have the right to a child sometimes life or god or whatever says no. That doesn't mean you have the right to take another mans child. A man who fought for his country some thins the husband was too cowardly to do.

They will hear Veronica's case. Hoping for some justice. Finally.
Interesting article: http://www.boston.com/news/nation/2...option-case/Iqmcfri5kLfDUTvRmchpnO/story.html

One legal scholar said the fact the court agreed to hear the Capobiancos case means the justices may be looking to overturn part of the law or reverse it altogether.

And thats a shock because we have 250 years of precedent that Congress has broad authority to legislate in terms of Indian affairs, said Marcia Zug, professor of Indian issues at the University of South Carolina School of Law.

The court has not yet set a date to hear the case.

The couples adoption attorneys knew these issues might come up, writing to the Cherokees to determine if Veronica had Indian heritage, Zug said. But they proceeded with the adoption anyway.

They didnt get any kind of green light from the tribe, Zug said. What should have happened was follow up, get more information. If that had happened, she should have been placed with her father.

Terry Cross, executive director of the Portland, Ore.-based National Indian Child Welfare Association, agreed.

The attorneys at least knew this was an illegal adoption, and its never in the best interest of the child to pursue an illegal adoption, Cross said.

Yeah, of all the cases, this isn't the one I'd pick, if I were the justices. There were folks intentionally, willfully, knowingly flouting the law.

Also, I'm kind of wondering under what theory they'd overturn the law.

Yeah, like the tribes wouldn't be up in arms if the ICWA was overturned - with very good reason. I get a very sick, queasy feeling at the thought of the hands of time being turned back to the bad ole' days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter