Is anyone else finding that the prices to stay at Disney solo this year ++

Leagill

Mouseketeer
are really high? I appreciate that there will be always be a single supplement which is fine, but last year it was about £400-£500... now this year its £800 single supplement for the cheapest week in May (or more, depending on what sites I look at - both UK and the Disney American site) I am looking at Thomson mostly as they are flying from Bristol Airport (local to me) and only wanting to stay at POP... but £1800 seems so expensive for just a room and the flight for 2 weeks, or am I deluded and that is the price I should expect to pay from now on?? Is anyone else struggling? I looked on the american disney site but they wanted to charge £2200 for just the room without flights! :( x

I agree. I'm heading down in April and found that staying off site and driving into the park every morning a savings of over 800$. It's gotten expensive this year.

I found that it was much cheaper for me in May. My first solo trip. My airfare was up a little from Washington state to mco, but its early may be Abel to find a cheaper flight as time goes on. My rate for WL was $242 a night for 5 nights, the 6 nights at BRV on DVC points, and then back to WL for $249 a night. 18 months ago, our room with 5 in it was $485 at BC. Even if I had 4 or 5 with me, this year room rate is a lot cheaper. Per person maybe not, but room for room, it is cheaper.

For your flight I suggest Momondo app. I found my flight from EWR to MCO for $139 round trip. Highly suggested.

I went to Disney 3 times solo last year. I use Southwest for 2 free checked bags.

I usually stay at a value resort and normally book through Orbitz with their 15% off code. I have an annual pass now though and currently my hotel offers through disney are cheaper than orbitz, which i've never seen that happen before.

I find staying off property is a better option when traveling solo. The resort I'm staying in in June offers transportation to and from park it's conveniently located near Disney springs and has really good restaurants near by. The Clarion inn Lake buena vista. Awesome rate for a summer stay. Do some research and you to can score a great deal.

I've come to except that the prices for a trip to WDW will continue to go up and up, but I always look for ways to save when I can such as using my airline miles for a free flight and purchasing groceries for my room instead of eating out all the time are just a few of the things I do to save. I understand for you it's a different all together having to fly from the UK. As the previous poster mentioned you might want to check off property, look into DVC rentals just to compare or look into a different date. Good luck.

Have you looked into Airbnb or VRBO? You might be able to find a room 15 miles or less from WDW & Uber to the parks to save some money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter