Is anyone done their school supply shopping ??

I don't have lists for two of my kids yet, but I would say I'm almost done. I still need some ziploc bags, a pair of shoes for my 5yo, and I'm still waiting to find out if DD needs a specific calculator for Algebra. I'm going to call the school tomorrow and see if they'll tell me so I can watch for sales.

Make sure you speak with either the Math Department Head or the Curriculum & Testing Coordinator. Either should know which calculator they use. I would not take just anyone's word for it at the school.

Also to everyone that has a "school supply list" this is a general list. Once your student is in their class or classes their actual teacher might have a totally different list.

I always just make sure I have dividers, folders and college ruled loose leaf paper. Otherwise I do not worry about the other stuff until they are in class. Yes, that is a pain but after working in the school system for 10 years and my children being in private and public schools for 12 I have learned I like to wait.

i'm done with DD's school supply list and almost all of her clothes :banana: gonna hit another store or two and pick up a few more pairs of shorts, undies and socks.

Yes, that is a pain but after working in the school system for 10 years and my children being in private and public schools for 12 I have learned I like to wait.

Just out of curiosity, do the 6th graders need a specific calculator or do they just use a regular one?

All I need is erasable pens. Somehow I completely missed them.

Any first time parents: take advantage of the summer sales to STOCK UP!!! It's a real pain when your child tells you Tuesday at bedtime that he needs a new composition book for tomorrow. And then they're $2.59, not the $0.50 that Walmart has them at now.

For example, the next few days, Staples has looseleaf (120 count) for $0.01. (limit 5) You KNOW you'll need notebooks and pencils and crayons and markers and glue sticks-- get them now and just designate a storage spot in the house. You'll be glad you did!!

Just out of curiosity, do the 6th graders need a specific calculator or do they just use a regular one?

I teach 6/7/8 grade math and I do request a certain one. It is so nice for them all to be working with the same calculator when we get to sin/***. While I won't cover that in 6th grade if they buy it then they have it for all 3 years. The one I request is usually on sale for $10.99 so I don't feel to badly asking for an extra supply. What happens when they have a different one is as we are working together I cannot tell them which button to push to get to the function. If we all have the same one I can hold mine up and say this is the button to get to sin or whatever. We can do so much more in the short class time if we all have the same equipment. I buy a couple myself every year. Someday I'll have a class supply!!!

Our school has not released their school supply list yet, but I was able to go to the school district website and view it. I have some things left over from last year--#2 pencils, no run glue, safety scissors, a highlighter, a box of 24-pack crayons, and his pencil box. I still need to get 2 composition notebooks, 2 pocket folders, a large eraser, glue sticks, tissues, baby wipes, a box of gallon-sized Ziplock bags, and a container of disinfecting wipes. I'm going to Office Max in a few to get the composition notebooks (50c/ea.) and the folders (1c each).

This weekend is tax-free weekend on school supplies and clothes in our state. We are doing our big shopping on Sunday. I wanted to hit Office Max today, though, because they ran out of sale items last year.

The boys start next week and we just got the list Friday. I've been stocking up on all the sales and the CA school list is not nearly as extensive as MD was. Have all the big stuff done- new gym shoes, socks, jeans, shirts and snacks for lunches. Just need a 1.5 inch binder and hole re-enforcers-who would have thought that?- and we are done!!

Just got the lists for the 8th graders today in the mail !! They were happy I had so much already!! 6 filler paper packs each, 3 2pkt folders ( I have enuff till they graduate I think) 2 black composition notebooks, 3 spiral notebooks and of course pens , pencils, markers etc !! I have to get colored pencils on sale still and stupid stuff like antibacterial wipes that I didn't even think of !! Had plenty of Keenex though!!Thy are checking the lists nd giving me a still need one !!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!