Is anyone done their school supply shopping ??

pandora174

DIS Veteran
I am 90 % done & so happy ! I got great sales at Wal-Mart & Walgreens. Have extras for all supplies for the entire school year. Let's see : Backpack/complete uniforms/sneakers/socks/underwear/lunch box/water bottle :thumbsup2 all checked off the list

But all I need is a stinking wooden ruler & I can only find plastic..relax my DH tells me, we'll find one. I still have to have his uniform embroided (private school), hope I can still use Kinder's bible from last year & again find the stupid wooden ruler & I will be 100 % ready for school :dance3:

Any suggestions please ! I hate buying school supplies, oh yeah just remembered I forgot white undershirts & he needs a haircut :scared:
I swear at this time of year no matter how I budget & I get great deals on everything there just seems to be so much to do & buy ! Plus planning a summer vacation probably added some undue stress...

Office Max has the wooden rulers for a penny right now.

I was just thinking about this, actually!!! I am going to go through the kids stash that we have been picking up here and there and see where we are at. I think I am about 50% done, give or take. I have three kids to shop for this year, so the lists seem daunting. School starts Sept 8 here, and I like to be done a month in advance (I want this year to be the year I beat the rush :scared1:) so I really only have a few days before my self imposed August 8 deadline.

We are almost done...DD in first grade done with supply shopping but we still have to make her Art Smock. We went to Goodwill and bought a white mens short sleeved dress shirt and some fabric paints at JoAnns. We are going to paint it one of these rainy days. I have pretty much all older DDs supplies but she really does not know what she needs for her college classes. We are all done with Dorm stuff.

We finished ours today. 1st and Kindergarten. Of course this is kind of last minute since the first day of school is August 10. Last week of summer vacation for all of us.

Have been picking up from sales for a month !! Best places Office Max,WalMart Walgreens and CVS!!!
Office Max got crayons 1c, filler paper 10c, rulers 1c, folders 1c
WalMart glue stix 25c, notebooks 15c (were 5c last year)
Walgreens pencils 19c,markers 9c,pencils 19c,
CVS pencils ,pens ,scissors ,rulers, comp.notebooks all free usng ecbs !!

I have a tote jammed packed with school supplies !!

Yep, we're done, but I bought quite a bit more than they ended up needing. That's what I get for guessing, but it won't hurt anything. I had to get a couple extra things for DS8 after we got his list, but it wasn't a big deal.

I think I am done as well. I ended up buying more than DD needed but I took advantage of the best sales so if they don't make any changes in the supply list for 2010-2011 then we should not have to buy anything next year except maybe binders since they never last.

School starts in a few weeks and I'm pretty much done. Aside from kleenex and paper towels, I'm all set. And today I ordered a LL Bean rolling backpack and some new gyms shoes. I also used the Old Navy Friends and Family 30% off sale to stock up on some new underwear.

All I have left to get are sneakers for Bailey and dress shoes and sneakers for Maddie. I have everything for Logan. I plan on getting the sneakers and dress shoes for Maddie the weekend of the 15th. We start school here on August 27th! YIKES!

I am 98% done with the school shopping.

That is funny about the ruler because my DS needs a clear plastic ruler and all I can find are wooden or solid color plastic.:confused3

All we have to do is get shoes for both DS and DD! It's so nice to be done and not have to think about it. My kids aren't back to school until after Labor Day so we still have a ways to go. Now I can enjoy the rest of the summer and not worry about back to school stuff. Yeah!!!

Well school doesn't start here until Sept 10!!:scared1:
So while I have a bunch started - I still don't have the list for my first grader. Sometimes we don't get it until the first day.
But I am stocking up as things go on sale-(like today at Staples that penny paper!)

I don't have lists for two of my kids yet, but I would say I'm almost done. I still need some ziploc bags, a pair of shoes for my 5yo, and I'm still waiting to find out if DD needs a specific calculator for Algebra. I'm going to call the school tomorrow and see if they'll tell me so I can watch for sales.

We've been done for awhile. DS #1 starts first grade tomorrow morning...waa hooo!!!!!!!!

Awwww. First grade is such a sweet time!!! I remember my Dd's first day and how excited she was. Now she will begin 6th grade(middle school) and even though she loves school she is not looking forward to it this year. I guess it is a little scary!!

I am soooo annoyed about school shopping this year! :mad: When my daughter was in Catholic school, we got the supply list for the following year on the last day of school with the report cards and I would have all my school shopping done before July 4th. Now, the public school she's in doesn't give the supply list until September 1st and school starts on September 8th!!!

By September 1st, WalMart, Target, etc will probably be totally out of school supplies and I'll end up getting stuck shopping at Staples, which will end up costing me twice as much. :sad2:

I thought about buying "basics", but I have no clue if the teachers want: marble composition books or spiral.... 1 subject, 3 subject, or 5 subject books.... pens or pencils or erasable pens?..... binder or not?... filler paper?... how many and what types of folders?.... UGH! It's driving me bats!! I know I can get the other basic things... markers, color pencils, glue sticks, book socks... because we'll use those regardless, but I need to know about the main items and what type of back pack is acceptable and if she can "dress up" the locker with shelves, mirror, etc......

ACK!

That's one thing that stinks about our late start. My kids won't get their school supply lists until the first day of school, Sept 8, well after all the sales have come & gone. So I stock up on basics - notebooks, pencils, pens, looseleaf paper, folders, glue sticks - this time of year and still end up buying some odds and ends to completel the list in Sept.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!