Is anybody familiar w/ LAX (domestic to Intl)?

Kimberle

WL Vet
In a few weeks, were flying Delta into LAX then transfering to Air France for our international flight. Do we have to exit and re-enter security? It would be so nice if we could stay in the secured area the whole time.

TIA!

I'll get this, being one of the resident DL folks and also since I used to fly in and out of LAX weekly.

In all honesty - you will have to leave security and re-enter. Let me explain why, because depends on the airlines you are flying and what terminal Air France is flying out of.

Most airlines have specific assigned terminals and the terminal buildings make up a U shape. United has 6-8, Delta (and it's related) use 5, American has 4, Southwest and America West/US Air share 1, etc. There are 1 or 3 international carriers that go out of Terminals 2 and 3, but I'm not sure Air France is one of them. Most go out of the International Terminal and that is a separate building at the base of the U. You can easily walk from one terminal to the next via outside sidewalk, but they are not security connected like Chicago, Dulles, DFW, etc. There is no train, either.

Worst case scenario, it might take you about 8 minutes to walk from Terminals 8 and 1 to the International Terminal.

From my experience, Air France is currently departing from Terminal 2. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks! Looking at the map, I was afraid we'd have to go through the long security line again. I was hoping there might be a "secret passageway". ;)

Terminals 2 and 5 are across the u-shaped drive. You will be going through security. I don't know of any way around that. There are buses that travel around the terminals or some people take a cab. It isn't the easiest scenario in an already fairly "difficult" airport. I would allow plenty of time for your connection.

Thanks! Looking at the map, I was afraid we'd have to go through the long security line again. I was hoping there might be a "secret passageway". ;)
Oh, there probably is, but it's not for ordinary folks like us!

Sayhello

I have flown into and out of LAX internationally in the past and it stinks.

There is actually a tunnel connecting Teminals 4 though 6, but they were shut down to the public after 9/11.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter