Is Animal Kingdom easy to navagate in an ECV? Are the walkways really...

A friend & I each rented an ECV the day we went to the Animal Kingdom last November/December. I don't recall having any difficults with bumpy pathways. However, we noticed a few more inclines than at EPCOT or the Studios. Sometimes we felt like we were go very, very slow up an incline. Have fun!

I haven't used an ecv, but from pushing my dd's wheelchair, and reading people's posts, I think it may be more noticeable in a wheelchair than an ecv. The paths are all textured. They are quiote pretty, but some have imprints of leaves, rocks etc. Nowhere near as bumpy as cobblestone, but not as smooth as regular sidewalks.
The paths are narrower than Epcot or the Studio. From what I have read, it was designed to be an experience and encourage people to explore, so they didn't want real wide paths. f

SueM in MN
Co-Moderator of disABILITIES

Also did AK with EVC and as been mentioned before the inclines seemed steeper and there were more of them. The problems that I encountered were going very very slowly up the grades and coming down I went much faster. This was my only run in with a man who turned around and saw me and then decided he could cut in front of me. Little did he know that I didn't have a brake and it takes quite a lot of room to stop and he lost the collision. I felt really bad but there was nothing that I could do. So just be aware of your surroundings and those darting people.

I have very bad arthritis in my leg and always rent an ECV at all the theme parks. I've been to AK twice and I don't remember having any problems. I do know that sometimes the ECV you rent just doesn't go very fast, I don't know if that's because it's not charged right or what but it is a little slow then especially going uphill. The only time I ever had a problem was at Universal. We got caught in the rain, which happens every day in August there, but this time something shorted out in my ECV. We were leaving the park and all of a sudden my ECV started going really fast and there were people in my way! I took my hands off the handles but it still kept going! So I put it in reverse but it just started going backwards on it's own. I finally thought to pull the key out and it stopped. They came and picked it up and brought me another one but did it ever scare me

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter