is an airline allowed to change your flight?

But WHY? What would the reasoning be? It doesn't make sense if the flight still exists.
The most common reasons I can think of would be change in aircraft, change in configuration of the aircraft, or reallocation of inventory.

I would say that the airline owes the passenger compensation on this one, regardless of status.

The trip was for work and the tickets were paid by his company, (via expense acct) so I'm not sure how that would work. But yes, I agree that he should be compensated for his time. Especially since they probably paid a SMALL FORTUNE for the tickets by booking with only a few days notice, as he often has to for work.

There are seats available for all flights out of JFK on 10/23 and out of MCO on 10/30. I would call back and get my original flight.

When you book a flight, with any airline, they are only required to get you from point A to point B on a particular day. Read the fine print..it's incredible. Yes, Delta can, and frequently does, change flights. And when you book more than a month or so before flying, you stand a huge chance of many changes. I booked my flight to MCO in Sept about a month or so ago. I have already had changes to the flight and last week they completely canceled my flight and put me on an earlier one. Delta has made announcements that they are cutting back routes to Orlando for about a week now, so I wasn't surprised to see my non-stop flight canceled.
They will not notify you until just before your flight (if at all!!). The traveler should take it upon themself to check on their flights on a regular basis to see what changes have happened. When I see a change to my flights, there is usually a seat change as well. I then call Delta and have my seats reassigned to where I want to sit. I have had to call a total of 13 times for one flight about two years ago!! It's a hobby for me now!

Yes they did this to us last Sept and NEVER let us know either we noticed it a week before we were leaving and they also put us on an earlier flight I am beginning to think that they just post late flights just to get you to buy and then change it, and we lost a whole day in the parks and we had to leave at 11:00 am instead of 7:30pm we will never fly Delta again in fact so that this doesn't happen to us this year we are driving:woohoo: :woohoo: So take that DELTA:lmao: :lmao: GOOD LUCK

I called Delta earlier. I will never fly with them again. I called about my flight change AND about the change of baggage policy, which they haven't notified passengers of nor updated on their site. If I want to change my flight it will cost me $75 a ticket PLUS difference in airfare! They also refused me a refund. I was told to write in to corporate if I wanted to be considered for a refund.

Call again!

I had no problems getting on a different flight then what they put me on. The upped our leaving time by 1 hour and it had a connection. I explained I paid for a direct non-stop flight and that is what I want. They switched me with no questions and no charges.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!