Is Aloha Isle all it's Whipped Up to be?

OP, no harm in trying one! I love them, DH can take them or leave them (which means, when I ask him if he wants one while I'm ordering he says "no", but still eats half of mine :rolleyes1). I will advise that while I loved the Dole Whip, I agree that the Dole Float took me to the moon and back ;)

I am in love with the Pineapple Float (called a Dole Whip Float on here, but the menu says Pineapple Float. I confused a CM asking for a dole whip float, so I took a good look at the menu)

:rotfl: Something very similar happened to me. I had read all about the Dole Whips here on the board, so our first trip after that I marched right up and asked for a Dole Whip. She said, "a what?"

And because I hadn't learned my lesson, the next day I went to AI and asked if you could get a Dole Whip with a vanilla swirl. The lady looked all kinds of confused (different lady) and said, "you mean you want a vanilla ice cream?" So now I know...don't say Dole Whip, don't say Dole Float, say "Pineapple _____."

I have noticed multiple times people joining in on an "I love Dole Whip" thread agreeing how great they are, how much they love their Vanilla Dole Whip....and they don't mean a pineapple-vanilla swirl. I often wonder if they ever realized most people are specifically talking about the pineapple version, so on reading here and elsewhere about the "great Dole Whips" made a point to stop in for one...and not knowing, just ordered what they always do (vanilla/chocolate).

The first time I tried a "Dole Whip Float" after hearing all the hype about em here on the boards i kinda thought ehh. Didn't care for the pineapple swirl. Tossed it after a couple bites/slurps.

Then last trip I decided to try again and got the vanilla swirl with pineapple juice AND a pineapple spear! Dipped the pineapple into the swirl! Slurped up the juice Heaven! :lmao:

:rotfl: Something very similar happened to me. I had read all about the Dole Whips here on the board, so our first trip after that I marched right up and asked for a Dole Whip. She said, "a what?"

And because I hadn't learned my lesson, the next day I went to AI and asked if you could get a Dole Whip with a vanilla swirl. The lady looked all kinds of confused (different lady) and said, "you mean you want a vanilla ice cream?" So now I know...don't say Dole Whip, don't say Dole Float, say "Pineapple _____."

I have noticed multiple times people joining in on an "I love Dole Whip" thread agreeing how great they are, how much they love their Vanilla Dole Whip....and they don't mean a pineapple-vanilla swirl. I often wonder if they ever realized most people are specifically talking about the pineapple version, so on reading here and elsewhere about the "great Dole Whips" made a point to stop in for one...and not knowing, just ordered what they always do (vanilla/chocolate).

:rotfl: Sounds like my husband's first trip to pick up Floats for us while we were waiting for Spectro. I'd always ordered them with no problem, but when talking to him I used the dis patented "Dole Whip" to reference my Dole Whip Floats/Pineapple Float.

He was handed every imaginable flavor of just plain soft serve. Asked the CM where the pineapple juice was, and the CM knew right away. Apparently internet slang has caused much confusion for many patrons. :lmao:

I love the Pineapple Dole Whip floats at MK. I may actually try the pineapple/vanilla swirl with pineapple juice this June instead of pineapple/pineapple.
If any of you that like the pineapple Dole Whip ever go to Oahu, Hawaii... the pineapple Dole Whips at the Dole plantation are even better than the ones at MK. And they are building the DVC resort on Oahu that will be opening soon... so you can get some Disney magic there, also!

DH adores the pineapple float. To me the whips are just . . . ice cream. I had a vanilla whip for the first time at NYE . . . it was good, but not "drool-worthy." :)

I think the general consensus is to try one though!

I hope this doesn't sound like a silly question, but did you have a vanilla/pineapple swirl?

Because if you had a "vanilla whip", wouldn't that be just.....ice cream?:confused3

putting my flame suit on ;) I tried them last trip after all the hype but I wouldn't buy one again. to each is own

Same here.. i personally enjoyed drinking the pineapple juice more than the ice cream. DH on the other hand looooooves them! I'd rather use my snack credit on something else :)

I am what seems one of the few who think Dole Whips are disgusting. :confused3 I think it is purely a matter of taste. I thought it was a bit bitter and not a pleasant sweet pineapple taste that I was hoping for.

My children had the citrus swirls and loved them but I thought they tasted exactly like St. Joseph's Baby Aspirin from the '70s that my mom used to give us when we were sick.

I am glad I tried one but there is no way I am doing that again. :)

I, too, was underwhelmed, especially after all they hype on this board! Still, I tried it and glad I did, so I can now cross it off my list.

We've eaten the Dole Whip right at the Dole Plantation in Hawaii and to discover that delicious whip was magnificent. It is very yummy and my mouth is watering just thinking about it. In one more month we will be there and getting a Dole Whip is a must.

We had the pineapple/vanilla swirl and it was so delicious and refreshing in the heat! Looking forward to it again on our July trip!!

Since I started lurking on these boards a couple of years ago, I've read sooooo much about that Dole Whip thing. I'm taking my first trip in May and I can't wait to get one. .... Or two.

(or three or four!.... :thumbsup2)

For us, a trip to the Tikki Room just isn't the same without having our pineapple whip beforehand! We LOVE them!!:love:
Now.. the ONLY thing that would be better, is if they offered them in coconut flavor!! I would be ecstatic about that!!!! :cheer2:

- I have to have the pineapple Dole Whip Float

- DD11 has to have the regular pineapple Dole Whip

- DD8 has to either have the orange/vanilla swirl ice cream :sick: (reminds me of children's Tylenol taste) or chocolate/vanilla swirl ice cream, but she recently liked trying her sister's pineapple dole whip, so she may be a converter :goodvibes

- DH loves himself a Root Beer Float with vanilla ice cream

Simply put..YES it is INCREDIBLE!! And only 4 places in the US you can get one. I'm a pineapple float girl. Only complaint is that it is served hollow in the middle of the swirl, and in the heat it can melt INCREDIBLY fast which makes a mess.

I lurv the pineapple/vanilla swirl w/pineapple juice. Sooo refreshing, and the vanilla helps push off some of the tartness.

:love:

The Dole Whip Float is fantabulous. If you want to have a little fun, I dare to make a suggestion (I hesitate because it's sort of against MK rules, but they mentioned it on the wdw today podcast so...). So what I'll do is slip my handy dandy old fashioned hip flask, filled to the brim with Mount Gay rum, into the pocket of my Japants. Once in the park, I'll order the float with my GF and split the nip of rum between us into the float - talk about some adult deliciousness when it's really needed.

Of course, you could always do it by the rules and get a dole whip at the PR and just construct the adult float with stuff from Captain Jacks.

I'm not the biggest pineapple fan, but I love a Pineapple Float with orange/vanilla swirl Dole Whip. Mmmm.

Everyone in our family LOVES Aloha Isle - we always get the same thing...
One pineapple soft serve "Dole whip" in a cup (for the dh) and one pineapple Dole whip float. My daughter drinks all the pineapple juice in the float, and I eat the ice cream - so it works out perfectly! I am sure the pineapple spears are great, but I can get those anywhere! Nothing like sitting in Adventureland as the sun goes down enjoying a nice Dole whip! I am sure you will love it! :)

I'm glad that I had tried the dole whip float after so much praise on here, with that said, I though it was horrible and have no idea why people like it so much. I had tried a swirl (pineapple & vanilla the trip before and it was rather bland, so I figured I'd go all pineapple out the next time)...We (my DH & I) liked the orange & vanilla swirl since it tasted like a push pop that we use to eat as kids, but the dolewhip, I never want to eat again :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter