Is Aloha Isle all it's Whipped Up to be?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by danny boy, Feb 14, 2010.

1. danny boy

danny boy Earning My Ears

We've read so many positive comments about Dole Whip treats at Aloha Isle. . . Which treats are the best there? We want to know what to look forward to!:confused3:love::hug:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. AirGoofy

AirGoofy DIS Dad#341

Yes, you must try a Dole Whip.

You can have it as soft serve ice cream or as a float. I have not had a float. As for ice cream, you can order it as pineapple only; pineapple and vanilla swirl; orange only; or orange and vanilla swirl. I like the pineapple and vanilla swirl. DW said that orange and vanilla swirl tastes like a dream-cycle.

4. TillyMarigold

TillyMarigold DIS Veteran

I'm sure the Dole Whips are lovely, but there's something about walking around the Magic Kingdom with a giant pineapple spear to snack on, so that's the only thing I've ever gotten there.

5. HunnyJar

HunnyJar DIS Veteran

We always stop here each and every trip for a Dole Whip Float and a pineapple spear. SO good! :love:

6. koolaidmoms

koolaidmoms DIS Veteran

I am what seems one of the few who think Dole Whips are disgusting. :confused3 I think it is purely a matter of taste. I thought it was a bit bitter and not a pleasant sweet pineapple taste that I was hoping for.

My children had the citrus swirls and loved them but I thought they tasted exactly like St. Joseph's Baby Aspirin from the '70s that my mom used to give us when we were sick.

I am glad I tried one but there is no way I am doing that again. :)

7. B-Ride

B-Ride Getting My Disney Fix

We always make a point of getting some pineapple Dole Whips. Tried the float once but it was just too much pineapple juice for our taste.

8. MissionMouse

MissionMouse DIS Veteran

Best to just put it on your list of things to do and experience it yourself. If with a group, buy one and sample it. Going beyond this leads to overplanning where you start to create expectations that may not be met....many examples on the DIS boards.

9. doclegler

doclegler DIS Veteran

All 5 of us in my family LOVE the pineapple dole whip floats. You do have to be sure to mix the ice cream with the pineapple juice though, since it may get a little strong towards the bottom.
    We make sure to have a treat each time we go - its really yummy!!:thumbsup2

10. disneygrl2014

disneygrl2014 Earning My Ears

deff have the float!!:woohoo: I have had just the ice cream and the float. The float just made it so much better.:thumbsup2 I mean, pinapple juice, with pinapple ice cream. It is ooo so good:worship:

11. Pumbaa_

Pumbaa_ >Hakuna Matata!< Moderator

My DH tried the orange whip with the pineapple juice - it was better than my float! :worship:

Thought is would be unpleasant but i was wrong! Nice blend of flavors - now if we could n=only get the adult beverage version :banana:

12. treehugnmama

treehugnmama <font color=blue>I am soo excited i just have a pr

putting my flame suit on ;) I tried them last trip after all the hype but I wouldn't buy one again. to each is own

13. henrylovespooh

henrylovespooh DIS Veteran

I like the pineapple and vanilla swirl. My DD got the orange and vanilla swirl and didn't like it. I tried it, and thought it tasted more like old fashioned children's Bayer orange chewable aspirin than a dreamsicle.

14. DonaldDoleWhip

DonaldDoleWhip DIS Veteran

Love the pineapple...but hate orange. I literally had to spit the orange one into a napkin.

15. Tricia1972

Tricia1972 <font color=green>I love late night snacks<br><fon Moderator

I am in love with the Pineapple Float (called a Dole Whip Float on here, but the menu says Pineapple Float. I confused a CM asking for a dole whip float, so I took a good look at the menu)

I get mine with the pineapple and vanilla swirl soft serve, and fresh pineapple juice. I haven't gotten a pineapple spear there yet, but I think I'll give it a shot next time we are down there. :thumbsup2

16. colinsdad

colinsdad DIS Veteran

I think the Dole Whip is worth the hype. :thumbsup2

So much so that I organized (with a little help from a fellow Dis'er) a Spectromagic Dole Whip DisMeet in May of last year.

The turnout was tremendous! And I have many new Dis friends on this board because of it.

What other dessert can do that! :banana:

17. DonaldDoleWhip

DonaldDoleWhip DIS Veteran

A thread like this should have a picture to go along with it, so here's the Pineapple Float:

[​IMG]

18. CindyIsMyFave

CindyIsMyFave DIS Veteran

DH adores the pineapple float. To me the whips are just . . . ice cream. I had a vanilla whip for the first time at NYE . . . it was good, but not "drool-worthy." :)

I think the general consensus is to try one though!

19. dtaylor98

dtaylor98 Mouseketeer

We love the floats.

20. SuzieN

SuzieN DIS Veteran

:goodvibesMmmmm.....Pineapple Float...one of my favorite treats at WDW!!!!!

21. DreamingOfTheMouse

DreamingOfTheMouse Earning My Ears

I liked the pineapple vanilla swirl. Tried the float once, and thought it was too much sweet/pineapple. Possibly there was too much build up becuase nothing at Aloha Isle lived up to my expectations.