Is all resort pizza created equal?

Momto2PrncChrmgs

DIS Veteran
We've always stayed at Pop and the kids really like the large take-out pizza. It's a great deal on the DDP, and it's not terrible for Disney pizza. We're staying at POR this time. Any opinions on the pizza?

We ordered pizza through Sassagoula's Pizza Express when we were at WDW a few weeks ago. We thought it was really good. ::yes:: I have a review in my dining report (link in sig line below) if you are interested in reading it. I don't think you would be disappointed - we weren't! :teeth:

the large cheese pizza at pop and por are both the same-:yay:

and as you say good value and rather yummy :goodvibes

Thanks for the info! I have a feeling with my really picky kids, we'll have this several times for dinner. You can't beat it for only 2CS credits, and it feeds all of us!

Has anyone ever ordered from outside the resort and have the pizza delivered to your room? How does that work do they go to your room or do you have to pick it up in the lobby.

Also any places we should avoid ordering from at all cost? I was thinking of trying a place called Giordano's... anyone know this company?

Thanks! :)

I guess the pizza at the hotel food courts is okay. I've had it at the All Star and POR and although edible, nothing I'd do again.

There are a lot of places who will deliver...Uno has very good pizza pies!

Has anyone ever ordered from outside the resort and have the pizza delivered to your room? How does that work do they go to your room or do you have to pick it up in the lobby.

Also any places we should avoid ordering from at all cost? I was thinking of trying a place called Giordano's... anyone know this company?

Thanks! :)

If you go over to the Orlando boards, with a quick search you'll find many opinions on delivery pizza, including Giordano's.

Just stay away from any place that slips a flyer under your resort room door offering pizza delivery. FYI - those are generally scams looking for your credit card info.

Just stay away from any place that slips a flyer under your resort room door offering pizza delivery. FYI - those are generally scams looking for your credit card info.[/QUOTE said:
i actually wondered who delivered these and how do those flyers get delivered under the door? why do security let them through? :confused3

i actually wondered who delivered these and how do those flyers get delivered under the door? why do security let them through? :confused3

I would guess they could say they're "visiting the resort" or "coming for dinner or shopping" just like any other person coming through security who isn't staying at the resort. Just a guess, though. :confused3

I would guess they could say they're "visiting the resort" or "coming for dinner or shopping" just like any other person coming through security who isn't staying at the resort. Just a guess, though. :confused3

I heard from one of the podcats (don't remember which one) that the way they get in is by delivering a pizza. However, the officer on the show also mentioned that many of those pizzas are made in a garage somewhere.

I would definitely not trust any of those flyers. Best thing would probably to stick with a popular chain or something like that.

We've ordered pizza delivery at Pop & POFQ and think that Pop's pizza is better. It was bad, but not nearly as good as good.

In my opinion best resort pizza are the flatbreads at the Contempo at the Contemporary! So delish!

I've tried the pizza at both pop and por and they're both disgusting.

Sent from my Galaxy SII using DISBoards App

dmdelight said:
i actually wondered who delivered these and how do those flyers get delivered under the door? why do security let them through?

I've walked into resorts I don't stay at maaaany times and not once been stopped. I haven't ever seen security by resort doors stopping people and it's not like the CMs will recognize everyone staying at the resort. So getting through won't be a problem at all. The only problem might be if they get spotted shoving the flyers under the doors.

I've walked into resorts I don't stay at maaaany times and not once been stopped. I haven't ever seen security by resort doors stopping people and it's not like the CMs will recognize everyone staying at the resort. So getting through won't be a problem at all. The only problem might be if they get spotted shoving the flyers under the doors.

i find this to be rather disconcerting. :confused3

i find this to be rather disconcerting. :confused3

Well, we've been there because we've had dining reservations.

Why disconcerting? It's not like people not staying at one particular resort is necessarily any more dangerous/thieving or whatever than people who don't.

i imagine this is the part which is disconcerting-it's not any kind of implication "allowed" visitors are going to be menancing in any way. :goodvibes

i imagine this is the part which is disconcerting-it's not any kind of implication "allowed" visitors are going to be menancing in any way. :goodvibes

But there is no reason why "allowed" visitors would be any safer than non-"allowed" visitors. Even with security by the door stopping everyone trying to get in (which is ridiculous), it wouldn't stop anyone "menacing", as they could just make a dining or room ressie and get in anyway.

As far as I know Disney doesn't really have many problems with non-resort stayers at the resorts, so I don't see the problem. :)

We ordered a meat lovers pizza at SSR last week. It came to around $25 after delivery and tip. It was hot and really tasty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter