Is Akershus worth it for a princess lover?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by zomama, Jan 22, 2013.

1. partigus

partigus Mouseketeer

It's a solid value for 1 credit...Funny story (sort of). Last year we went during the summer and for the first time in years not on a dining plan. It was pouring and we had to "hole up" in the outdoor seating for the bakery in Norway. After in finally stopped it was dinner time. The courtyard in front of Akerhaus (sp) normally packed- was deserted. I thought to myself...Hey thei place is a great value- lets see if we can get in. And we did. Although it quickly dawned on me it's a great value for 1 TS credit. The meal for our family of five (wife, 10, 6,6,) was over $250!

So...was it a $250 meal...no. But it WAS the best meal I'd ever had there. the chefs special Cod entree- while not as large as I'd have liked- was actually one of the best dishes I had all week! You still need to be carefull with your order though.

Norway is nice for the number of princesses...If you would prefer a buffet- I'd suggest 1900 park fare at the GF- you get Cinderella nd Prince Charming...AND the stepsisters- possibly some of the best characters on site!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ML_LovesDisney

ML_LovesDisney DIS Veteran

Worth it for a princess lover: YES. The food at lunch isn't that good, but breakfast is just normal breakfast food, eggs, bacon etc. As others have said, I would vote for going to breakfast.

4. disneybliss2

disneybliss2 DIS Veteran

We love Akershus for many reasons. DH and I love it for the food (as do our kids). We use the dining plan, so it's a nice alternative to CRT where it takes two credits and Akershus only requires one. You get a similar castle feel and you see all of the princesses with the photo package included. The character interaction has always been good as well. Surprisingly, my girls prefer Akershus to CRT (and we do too).

We've eaten dinner there several times and have always loved our meal. They have a nice cold buffet prior to your meal arriving. It has a variety of meats (ham, turkey, salmon, peel-n-eat shrimp), breads, cheeses, assorted salads (tuna, chicken, regular, pasta, etc), and fruit. Every entree we've ordered has been delicious, and nothing has been "fancy" as you were worried about. I think you will be pleasantly surprised by the food. Akershus is one of our top favorite restaurants.

You will have to pay for your son's meal if you order him an entree. He can eat off of your plate or get a plate from the cold buffet, but if you order him a separate entree, you will have to pay for that. That is the procedure for any WDW restaurant. Kids under three may eat off the buffet or your plate at no additional charge. There will be plenty for him to eat off the buffet and your plate, though, so you should be fine. We've done this before with our youngest and it worked out fine.