Is a fifth Disney park likely to come before universal Orlando 3rd gate?

TheCityBeautiful9471

Earning My Ears
Just curious I guess both Disney and universal I'm pretty sure are still very far away on opening up a new theme park in 2-3 years but what's more likely to happen first in terms of what park might add their next theme park? This doesn't include volcano bay which is just going to be a waterpark. Just the everyday regular theme park that both theme park chains provide.

2-3 years? Stars Wars Land probably won't be open for 6-7 years. So, I'd say, that no, a new WDW gate isn't likely to happen before a Universal gate.

Doubtful. Disney seems very slow to build anything these days. And most changes are being made to a parks they already have.

And I think that Future World needs a loving refresh before WDW needs a fifth gate. But please no more frozen.

And I think that Universal seems to be working on the parks they have as well. Citywalk is in the middle of a rehab as well. And they do have a waterpark coming as well

I doubt Disney would build another park before universal..They have been working on Avatarland for years now from its announcement and they just announced Star Wars land, which will take another 5-10 years likely before it is done.

Disney has no need whatsoever to build a fifth gate at any point in the near and not-so-near future. Right now, they only have enough content for three actual parks that currently happens to be spread out over four physical properties. The recently announced expansions will hopefully change this so that, once they are complete, for the first time since Animal Kingdom's opening, Disney may actually have four full parks. But the date for this is a long, long time away. And there's plenty of room at most of the parks for additional expansion, anyhow. An entirely new park would be cost prohibitive at this point and unnecessary. Disney's more interested in filling the existing properties with people to buy food and stuff - and building timeshares. Universal, on the other hand, would find a way to open a new gate if they had the land. Whatever they come up with has a shot at being ingeniously creative, along the lines of the Hogwart's Express transport between IoA and Universal Studios. So, my guess would be a Universal third gate prior to a Disney fifth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter