Is a Backpack a purse?

Blessed_wth_Triplets

DIS Veteran
With all the changes in flying since we last flown....charges now for bags, etc....I wanted to make sure I can still bring my backpack as my "purse", plus a carry on??

You are generally allowed on "personal item" plus a carry-on. The personal item must fit under the seat in front of you and can include a purse, backpack, laptop etc.

Yep, my Vera Bradly backpack is sitting out, all ready to be packed for our Sat flight. Never had an issue with it being my 'personal' item before.

Carryon is stored above, personal items goes below the seat. If it fits under the seat, it works. :)

I agree with everyone else. As long as it will fit under the seat in front of you, you should be fine.

OK, so I can bring a small/med backpack as long as I can fit it on my lap or seat. AND I can bring one carry on?
-p

OHHH and BTW this is the 1st time I'm flying in 23 years.

It has to fit UNDER the seat, you cannot have anything in the seat or lap during take off or landing.

OK, so I can bring a small/med backpack as long as I can fit it on my lap or seat. AND I can bring one carry on?
-p

It absolutely has to fit completely under the seat in front of you. Keep in mind to check which type of plane you are flying too. My medium size jansport backpack barely fits under the seat in front of me and I don't have it filled. Generally some snacks, paperwork and a sweater and it takes everything I have to get it under there.

-p

Nope. Not on your lap or seat. Nothing in your lap, especially during take-off and landing, and nothing on any seat except people. Your personal item such as a purse needs to fit completely under the seat in front of you.

Nope. Not on your lap or seat. Nothing in your lap, especially during take-off and landing, and nothing on any seat except people. Your personal item such as a purse needs to fit completely under the seat in front of you.

Ok, thanks all… I have a bag-o-leeny (not sure how you spell it)… it’s an small shoulder bag (no bigger then a pocketbook). So I guess that and a backpack as my carry-on should be good???
-p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!