Is a 5:40 ADR at Flying Fish too late to make it back to DHS to see Fantasmic?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by SeeJackRunn, Jul 10, 2009.

1. SeeJackRunn

SeeJackRunn Mouseketeer

Mar 9, 2008
    I wanted to make some last minute changes and I am trying to work with what I have. I would appreciate your opinion!
  2. Poohs Pal

Poohs Pal DIS Veteran<br>Beautiful and smart so she says<br>

Feb 29, 2000
    I am not sure what time Fantasmic starts but you will need to arrive early. I love Flying Fish and try to go every visit. With an early reservation you should not have to stand around and wait to be seated. Just arrive 10-15 minutes early. Dining there can take an hour or more from being seated to paying your bill and that is if you are lucky. Then you have to hop a boat over to DHS and walk over to Fanatasmic. I would say you could be 2-3 hours from the time you check in at Flying Fish podiumn until you are seated at Fantasmic. If I had a 5:40 reservation I would hope Fantasmic did not start before 8 or 8:30pm so I did not feel rushed. Susan
  3. Tricia1972

Tricia1972 <font color=green>I love late night snacks<br><fon

Apr 5, 2006
    I agree, it depends on what time Fatnasmic Starts. Now that they have so few showings, you want to be in line no later than 90 minutes before it starts.

Dining at a popular time at Flying Fish, you could end up waiting to be seated, so allow 10 minutes after ADR time as your planned 'seating' time.

Dinner takes about 1.5-2 hours to enjoy the experience and not feel rushed.

You also need time to get to DHS, I think it's about a half hour walk from there, but I'd double check on the Transportation board to be sure (if nobody chimes in who has done the walk and gives you the info :) )

Using this formula with a 9:00 Fantasmic you'll be ok. Anything earlier and you'll be pushing it IMO.