Is $93 good rate for BW Stovalls?

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by Magalex, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Magalex

Magalex DIS Veteran

We are planning our first trip to DL in July 2013. Everything about the trip will be about DL. The week I was pricing for Stovalls with AAA is about $766 (including the tax). I am more comfortable with using the direct websites for hotels/motels instead of third party travel sites(expedia, travelocity).

I also like that price better than the prices ($150 +) for FFI or HoJo's. We have one 12 yr old DS so no problems with walking to parks or we have the ART option.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. disneydreamer74

disneydreamer74 DIS Veteran

I would say that is a good rate. Sometimes it falls to about $89.00 per night. The other benefit about booking directly is you can gain rewards points and earn free nights! Another thing that I try is calling the front desk and mention that you are a AAA member, ask them if they can offer you a better rate than is posted online. I have saved big doing that in the past! Have a great trip!

4. mommy2allyandaveri

mommy2allyandaveri <font color=0066CC>Disney or otherwise. Sucks<br><

I generally see it for $89-$99. So it's an average rate I would say. It's a nice little place for that price though. We enjoyed staying there.

5. Magalex

Magalex DIS Veteran

Awesome tip about calling directly to the motel! Thanks!

6. BeckWhy

BeckWhy <font color=FF99FF>The Tag Fairy prefers to remain

I paid $87 a night taxes included for a king room. I called the hotel directly and they locked the rate for me and held the room. I believe at the time I booked the rooms with two double beds was $70-ish before taxes a night.

7. BeckWhy

BeckWhy <font color=FF99FF>The Tag Fairy prefers to remain

Oh and when I called the hotel, no website had king rooms available... not even Stovall's website. I believe they offer two doubles, two queens, and one king rooms. So if you have a preference to which type of room you want, ask for the price.

8. awdsmama

awdsmama DIS Veteran

9. cmpeter

cmpeter DIS Veteran

BW Park Place Inn also offered me $10 off for being a Costco member.

10. Crazy4Disney06

Crazy4Disney06 DIS Veteran

We just booked two nights at Stovalls prior to our check in at the Villas at Grand Californian in December. We paid $81.00 a night before taxes so I would say your rate is pretty consistent to what people pay for Stovalls.

11. Magalex

Magalex DIS Veteran

12. Briarrose1306

Briarrose1306 Mouseketeer

I just stayed at BW Stovall's last week. It's my go to place when BW Park Place and BW Anaheim are booked or too high of a price. $93 is a good deal, especially in July. They also have continental breakfast which is decent but nothing to write home about. The Coco's next door is really good too. Don't forget about the $8 a day for parking though if you have a car.

13. Magalex

Magalex DIS Veteran

I do have a question regarding the walk from BW Stovalls to the parks. If we take the shortcut from GCH entrance to DTD which area of DTD do we come out of? For example what stores will we see first? Trying to look at at a map to get an idea where the GCH entrance is to DTD.

14. DaveNinja

DaveNinja Mouseketeer

I'm thinking of trying out the BW Stovall for our Feb trip just for a change of pace (different stuff to see while walking back to hotel) after staying at Hojos a couple times and Del Sol once.
    Does Stovall show up on on LMT with better prices than just calling them?

15. GrandBob

GrandBob <font color=blue>Grand events should not go unnoti

You'll come out by Sephora.

16. specialks

specialks Quickly becoming a Disney addict!

In between Studio 365 and Sephora. Jamba Juice is right there too.

I booked thru LMT last Jan and paid $69/night for a "mystery hotel" that I was able to identify as BWStovalls.

17. DisneyMomma81

DisneyMomma81 DIS Veteran

I got it for $82 per night *included all taxes/fees* Thanksgiving weekend 2011 ~ I got it through LMT consider joining the free club and check out *this* great thread on LMT.

18. Topolina

Topolina Earning My Ears

I got it last Christmas (20-26th) for $75 a night including parking. Found the deal on LMT about 3 weeks out.

19. DaveNinja

DaveNinja Mouseketeer

Thanks, I'll give LWT a shot. Are you able to search for room on LMT with a party of 5 (2 adults, 3 kids under 12) for one room? I thought i remember it only allowing 4 to a room or something even if the motel/hotel had rooms for 5

20. Magalex

Magalex DIS Veteran

I told my DH some of the most recent postings & advice. We are now back to really considering BW Stovalls for the biggest factor price. We recently got our flights for July & did really good on the price & using SW points. My DH liked the rates I am getting for the Stovalls Inn. We live in a walking community(up big hills in the snow ;)) so a longer walk will not deter us. Keep those comments about this motel coming for us first timers:yay::yay:

21. damiel

damiel DIS Veteran

This trick is amazing! I can't believe how well it worked. Thank you!:thumbsup2