Is $766 Worth it to Stay at a Value?

Every time I start looking at prices for a Disney trip, I think I can talk my DH into going Deluxe, and everytime I end up talking myself into a value. Especially for $800. The way my DH puts it: Would you rather go for five nights in a deluxe, six in a moderate, or seven in a value? More time at Disney is my answer every time! Plus, then I don't worry so much about splurging on a souvenir or a glass of champagne (or two).

Before we had kids, when DH and I went to WDW, we mostly stayed in mods. That was back when they all had double beds. DH is 6'3", I'm 5'11". We each would take our own bed, and let me tell you, it was the best sleep either of us had gotten since our pre-married days. Made for a nice perk of our trip, though that may just be us. :rotfl2:

Now that we have kids, I've looked into deluxes and the one thing they lack is a food court. With DD, we need the food court. I need to be able to get her the most toddler-friendly food and the most toddler-friendly hours. We ended up in the food court way more than expected on our first trip with DD, which is why we've chosen POP for our subsequent trips because the food court is great.

Lastly, I priced a moderate trip for our latest adventure, and I experienced the sticker shock a lot of you on the Disboards have mentioned. It used to be that mods had standard and preferred. Now, it seems Disney has upgraded and recategorized rooms to create multiple tiers of upcharges.

The difference between value and moderate used to be *just* out of reach. Say, $300 or so. Now, it's a no brainer that I'm saving that money for other things. Like more time at Disney.

:rotfl: We aren't midgets, and we fit fit just fine. It is all about personal preference. For us, we would rather save the money and go again sooner than later. We sleep and shower in the room and that's about it. :goodvibes

This is us. We don't spend time in the room. Even if we take a morning or afternoon to stay at the hotel, we don't spend it in the room. We spend it out at the pool and my girls and anyone else we've traveled with have a good time at the pools. Might they enjoy the slides at the more expensive? Yes, but a cheaper room = more souvenirs, more days, or coming back sooner. This year it means a back to back cruise in December so we'll be at AoA in June.

But this is a personal decision for everyone. You know what you want out of a hotel and should choose based on that. We want a clean room, hot water, and comfortable beds to sleep in. So far we've found that at each of the values we've stayed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter