Is $279 a decent rate for RPR?

maps

DIS Veteran
Hi all
this is the first time I've researched staying at Universal. It would be for one night and that's only so I could get FOTL. Does $279 seem like the lowest rate I'll get for Feb 17?
Yes, I know this is Pres Week but it's my kids' school vacation. The rest of the week we'll spend at a vacation home that is much larger (and cheaper) than a hotel room but I just thought that bypassing the lines might be worth the cost of a room for one night.

Any thoughts?

What type room? We are going in Oct (we are loews first members) We got a standard room, with the Loews upgrade to waterview for $199.98 per night with tax included. If you don't have a Loews card got to the website(I think it loews hotels.com) you can sign up for free. I think it saves you about 30% per night.

Rates I was quoted for RPR for next summer were $239 standard, $259 water view. (before tax) Your quote is probably higher because of the month . I am a Loews first member, and other than the complimentary upgrade, am not aware of other room discounts it gives you. I asked about AAA discounts, and was told to try back occasionally because they are not announced yet for 2006.

Absolutely book a night at the RPR for that price. The Front of the Line access will make your park trips MUCH more enjoyable during a busy week.

You'll get FOTL for both check-in and check-out day.

If AAA rates become available at a later date you can swap over to them. Even if they don't, be happy with the $280 price and FOTL. It will be well worth it for you. It aint like it used to be. There seem to be next to no deals available at the on-site hotels during busy times anymore.

We are staying 2 nights at PBH while doing US/IOA then moving to the Swan for 3 nights in Feb. Our NH vacation week is the week of the 27th in 2006 though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter