Iron On Sheet Problems

Twende

Best laid plans of Mouse and men.....
I made my first shirts for our December trip. The design was perfect (Thanks to Kate :earsgirl: AKA julia & nicks mom) and I thought I had it all figured out.

I was traveling ahead of my family and I decided to buy the sweatshirts when I got to Florida instead of packing 6 sweatshirts in my suitcase on the plane.

Transportation was crazy but we came from 4 different directions and finally assembled at Disney.

Anyway I could not find white sweatshirts anywhere in the town where my parents live in FL. I had already printed the transfer sheets onto the light transfer paper. So with no white I opted for a grey.

Well I tried one first on just a white teeshirt and I guess I scorched it because the backgroud turned yellow on my in several areas. I was so afraid it would not stick that I must have over ironed it!

I moved to the grey and discovered that it left a block of darker grey where the blank part of the paper was. I guess I should have cut off the excess around the pattern?

They still turned out cute but the color was not a vibrant as I would have liked and I noticed the dark part every time I saw them! :guilty:

We worn them a lot because it was so cold!

Here is a photo of the kids wearing them.
GirlsMGM.jpg

I want to make tee-shirts for our trip this spring so I guess I better figure out how to do it better! :rotfl:

You did a good job! That happened to me too on the great with a light transfer. You need to purchase dark transfer paper for anything besides white. And trimming the design will help too. You should post your picture in the design tips thread so that people will see what you mean. It would be very helpful!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter