ipod, zoon, nano...what????

I would get the Ipod. I've had a mini for almost four years and it hasn't stopped working on me yet. I think they are more user friendly than the zune's.

You can download iTunes from www.apple.com. It's very user-friendly. To get your daughter's CDs onto it, just insert them into your CD drive and open iTunes. A window should pop up saying "Would you like to import this CD into your library?" Click yes, and it will automatically start copying the music from the CD onto your computer.

Once the iPod arrives (and really, I think they're of great quality), it'll come with a cord to connect it to your computer. Use that cord, and a screen should pop up asking you to name that iPod. Once that's done, it will "sync" with your computer- meaning that any music you have in iTunes will transfer to the iPod. Depending on the amount of storage space on the iPod, you'll be able to hold more songs. 512 MB holds about 125 songs, 1 GB holds 250. As the GB number moves up, you'll be able to hold even more songs (250 songs per GB). For example, a 4 GB would be able to hold about 1000 songs. This is a high estimate though- you're more likely to get about 950 songs on there, on a 1 GB, 210 songs, etc.

iPods can charge from being plugged into your computer using the same cord that you use to sync it. You can also get a wall charger attachment so you can plug it into any plug in your house.

The iTunes Music Store is a service that you can get to through iTunes where you can buy songs for .99 cents each, 9.99 (typically) for an album. You don't have to use it, especially if you already have that many CDs. iTunes, the program, is free to everyone. It's when you use the music store that it costs you.

I hope that answered some of your questions- if you have more, PM me! I love iPods and I'm a bit of a tech geek.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter