IPod Gift Basket

becca-becca

DIS Veteran
My children's school has a dinner auction as a fundraiser yearly. Each class has themed baskets that they auction off. For one of my children's classes, the theme is music. We have decided to get an Ipod Nano. We need to find one as cheaply as possible in order to maximize profit. Does anyone know of a great deal on Ipod Nanos? We have found a refurbished one on Apple.com for 99.00 for an 8 GB. Any better deals? We also found a docking station at JC Penney (Imusic) that used to be 169.99 and was marked down to 47.99.

Thanks!

Didnt realize you wer elooking refurbished i was abotu to suggest costco as they have the new 4gb nanos for 137.00 around here. My aunt bought one to take home for my cousin and with taxes and all it came out to 148, which is still below the regular retail.

When I was shopping in Target they had a whole section filled w/ IPOD stuff deeply discounted... I am sure it ranges from store to store but it wont hurt to check. I bought the arm band (for working out), skin & a docking station... the band was $4.99- orig $24.99... the skin was .99 originally 24.99 and the docking station I bought was $30.00- :goodvibes Just check the back of the isles in whichever target store u are in, thats where they usually throw the sale merchandise:woohoo:

Check your local Apple store for the "refresh table". Use that term when calling the store.

Once a month, (usually the first or second weekend of the month) my local Apple store will have a closeout table which makes things cheaper than the refurb price. It is refurb or returned merchandise or even things where the customer upgraded to something different. Back in 2005, I bought an Ipod that was new at the time because the person wanted something different. It was a new box, instructions and all. DH has bought acessories pretty cheap there as well.

My BIL works at an Apple store and all the employees call it the refresh table.

You should be able to get a letter from your PTO asking for a donation, I would contact your local Radio Shack, Circuit City, Walmart, and any other stores you can think of that carries them, and ask them about donating 1 for this activity. We do this all the time and it's always a success. We have a local nursery that donates a couple hundred plants and potted flowers and we have a "plant wheel" at our schools Carnival, we also get Walmart to donate a girls and boys bike for a raffle that we hold at the end of the year, we get pizzas, chips and drinks from Pats, gift cards to all the local grocery stores, movie stores donate for our bimonthly movie nights, I could go on and on about the things that we get donated to us. It won't hurt to ask!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter