iPhone Users - What case???

Discussion in 'UK Community Board' started by scottishgirl87, Nov 3, 2009.

1. scottishgirl87

scottishgirl87 DIS Veteran

Sorry, another iPhone question from me! Have finally taken the plunge and my shiny new iPhone is due to arrive tomorrow :woohoo: Have ordered screen protector already from eBay but I have NO idea what case! I've looked at Apple, CPW, eBay and Play etc. and I like some of them but can't really get an idea of it without actually holding it!

Can anyone recommend what cases they normally use?? Really I just want a plain black cover or similar, probably silicon but I'm open to suggestion!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Danauk

Danauk <font color=green>I would be sitting on the patio

DH and I use a gear4 case which we bought from HMV. It is a black silicone case which pully protects the phone (it has a clear hard case part over the front too.) The front protector still allows you to use the touch screen very well.

4. Funky_dino

Funky_dino Mouseketeer

5. Cyrano

Cyrano Moderator Moderator

Interested in this since I have yet to find a case that does not spoil the feel of the phone. Hence mine is au naturale :goodvibes

6. scottishgirl87

Thanks for the replies, guys!

Danauk I never even thought of HMV, so thanks for that, have a had a quick look :)

Funky dino, I've had a look at the Apple store as well, a couple I like but nothing jumping out at me!

Would you guys say it's better with a silicon case or a plasticy type one?! I'll have a look around my local CPW, HMV etc. tomorrow and then most likely come back online.

I'm not generally someone who drops their phone, although when I do I seem to do it spectacularly, lol. Phone I have just now, had for about a year when I was getting out of a car, dropped it touch screen down on a road, didn't realise and kicked it half way across a car park leading to it being scratched to bits! I don't really want something bulky but I don't want the case to smash/break if I drop it and obviously not protect the phone.

7. scottishgirl87

Au naturale :rotfl: See I kind of agree, I don't really want one as a "fashion" accessory, more as a necessity as I don't want to spend so much on it then it ends up looking like it's been dragged through a hedge backwards!

I am contemplating going "au naturale" myself with just a screen protector but I know I'll end up regretting it :rolleyes1

8. Funky_dino

Funky_dino Mouseketeer

The silicon case adds so bounce to it if u drop it hehe, also gives u better grip when holding it

9. vesspllia

vesspllia Earning My Ears

Well, i also do want the case to change the IPhone's feeling and my friend recommend the Dsstyles's Metallico series and it is of natural feeling.

10. wicket2005

wicket2005 <font color=deeppink><marquee behavior=alternate>H

I don't really care about keeping the same feel, more interested in protecting it and it being my ipod Touch which is similar to the iphone. I use a leather Belkin cover, that covers it completely.