Iphone Question

Renysmom

DIS Veteran
You all sucked me in and I bought the Iphone 3G to go with my new mac. I've spent a good portion of the day loading up my music and such.

Question, can you somehow store documents on it and how? I have all our upcoming trip info in a word document and want to get it on the phone if I can? If you can how do you do it?

Thanks

email it to yourself as an attachment. you won't be able to edit it, but read it. FWIW.

I have used the e-mail method before. You may have to adjust the e-mail settings to show more (up to 200) past e-mails - depends on how many e-mails you get while gone.

One other method is to create a webpage. The eastiest way is to create a blog at blogspot or wordpress (it is free), make the setting so that only you can view it (in Blogger, it is "settings", "permissions", "Who can view this blog - only blog authors") unless you want everyone on the DIS to see your itinerary and upload your trip info to your blog.

Have fun.

Also, I e-mail the link to the blog as it beats typing it in.

I have used the e-mail method before. You may have to adjust the e-mail settings to show more (up to 200) past e-mails - depends on how many e-mails you get while gone.

One other method is to create a webpage. The eastiest way is to create a blog at blogspot or wordpress (it is free), make the setting so that only you can view it (in Blogger, it is "settings", "permissions", "Who can view this blog - only blog authors") unless you want everyone on the DIS to see your itinerary and upload your trip info to your blog.

Have fun.

Also, I e-mail the link to the blog as it beats typing it in.

Thanks - actually already have a website and had thought of that but we will be on the wonder for 4 days and I am turning off the internet/phone (don't need the charges). Anyway, I asked DH to figure it out as I am so over this new mac computer and now the Iphone. Love them both but lots to learn and I have to think about everything since none of it is 2nd nature yet. Anyway he went and found a app in the app store called folders which does exactly what I wanted to do.

My plans will be on my site soon and I plan to live report there so I will share the link when I get the info up.

Thanks again for the suggestions.

Kelly,

There are at least two iphone apps that permit you to transfer files to the iphone. One is "air sharing" the other, mac friendly is DataCase. Both are $7 to purchase. I have tried air sharing slightly and found it cumbersome. If you have a mac, you might have DH try DataCase.

I'm also curious how they work as we are taking the Wonder in early December and I hope you have a great trip.

I will say the Macbook confused me to death - I couldn't figure out how to turn it off so I just let the battery die - but I have had no problem using the iPhone.

Kelly,

There are at least two iphone apps that permit you to transfer files to the iphone. One is "air sharing" the other, mac friendly is DataCase. Both are $7 to purchase. I have tried air sharing slightly and found it cumbersome. If you have a mac, you might have DH try DataCase.

iLounge has a fairly comprehensive review of the applications in this space. I personally use Air Sharing (becase it's free). DataCase would be my second choice.

I will say the Macbook confused me to death - I couldn't figure out how to turn it off so I just let the battery die.
You select Shut Down from the Apple menu or press the power button and click Shut Down.

There was a discussion about this on MacBreak Weekly #102. They mentioned Files and DataCase. If you want to hear the pros and cons about those, you can download the podcast. Both sounded cool.

iLounge has a fairly comprehensive review of the applications in this space. I personally use Air Sharing (becase it's free).

Air Sharing is no longer free. Its now $7 to download. I believe those of us that got it for free during the initial period still can use it, but newcomers will have to pay for it.

Air Sharing is no longer free. Its now $7 to download. I believe those of us that got it for free during the initial period still can use it, but newcomers will have to pay for it.
I knew it was switching to a paid app but I couldn't remember how long the initial free period was.

Conceptually I would prefer an app that did some kind of sync with the desktop. Air Sharing works fine but I have to remember to update the files.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter