iPads in the Parks as cameras

Wow I never thought my iPad mini would be the next thing to annoy people. I'm sorry but I do tke pictures with it, and why should I not? Because its rude to others? Well it's kinda rude to constantly complain about what others do. First it's sitting middle of the row, then it's saving tables, now it's pictures with iPads? What's next? I think as long as people are not use them when they are not supposed to there is no problem, but I guess everyone will complain about something.

If you see me in the parks feel free to tap me on the shoulder for using my iPad as a camera but I'm not gonna stop, I can't please everyone every minute.

Not telling you to stop. Asking you to remember there are other folks around you. It becomes a focus, like the people who walk into traffic while they're texting, and you forget about the outside world. Take a pic with whatever you want. Please don't hold your tablet up in the air forever so you see the parade while we watch it through your screen.

We encountered this for the first time last September in Yellowstone National Park. I call them padographers and they drive me crazy. It is a big distraction and the pad up in the air can really block the view of folks in the back.

I think you've just coined a new term. I'll be using that one in the future! :thumbsup2

Thank you for your consideration of your fellow guests. :sad2: :confused3

I guess I could say the same thing back! I guess when I am on vacation I'm supposed to listen to all the rules others make for me right? I don't think so. I am not there to make everyone happy.

As to the others I don't hold my iPad up to record, but if I wanted to I can. My vacation is valued just as much as yours. As for dark rides/ shows I wouldn't do that either, but that one is a wdw rule not a dis boards rule.

Wow I never thought my iPad mini would be the next thing to annoy people. I'm sorry but I do tke pictures with it, and why should I not? Because its rude to others? Well it's kinda rude to constantly complain about what others do. First it's sitting middle of the row, then it's saving tables, now it's pictures with iPads? What's next? I think as long as people are not use them when they are not supposed to there is no problem, but I guess everyone will complain about something.

If you see me in the parks feel free to tap me on the shoulder for using my iPad as a camera but I'm not gonna stop, I can't please everyone every minute.

4 people before you mentioned the iPad mini, and none of them were complaining about it so your frustration seems to be without a purpose.

But hey, at least you got to tell people you have an iPad mini!

Can you imagine you find the perfect spot to sit and watch the candlelight processional and someone in front of you gets out an Ipad and holds it up to video the show? Yikes.

As to the others I don't hold my iPad up to record, but if I wanted to I can. My vacation is valued just as much as yours.

More so, apparently.

4 people before you mentioned the iPad mini, and none of them were complaining about it so your frustration seems to be without a purpose.

But hey, at least you got to tell people you have an iPad mini!

I did and I have an iPhone 5, play station 3, wii, etc who gives a flying horse. The point is I don't understand how people complain about everything and expect people to bend over backwards for them. That to me is just plain rude.

Can you imagine you find the perfect spot to sit and watch the candlelight processional and someone in front of you gets out an Ipad and holds it up to video the show? Yikes.

More so, apparently.

Not true obviously everyone's vacation on this thread is more important because they get what they want while I sacrifice what I want right?

As to the others I don't hold my iPad up to record, but if I wanted to I can. My vacation is valued just as much as yours. As for dark rides/ shows I wouldn't do that either, but that one is a wdw rule not a dis boards rule.

And if someone wanted to soak a napkin with water/juice/soda and throw it at your iPad because it was blocking their view of the parade, they can, because their vacation is valued just as much as yours. ::yes::

And if someone wanted to soak a napkin with water/juice/soda and throw it at your iPad because it was blocking their view of the parade, they can, because their vacation is valued just as much as yours. ::yes::

That would be assault. Then you would not have to worry about anyone blocking your views at Disney parks anymore because you'd probably receive a lifetime ban.
disclaimer:I would never use my iPad to take photos or to shoot video.

More so, apparently.
That is what happened to me and the other dis person I was with. This clown pulls out her tablet and starts recording the whole show. :sad2:

Dear iPad photographers: I hope I never get stuck behind you when you're recording something on your iPad (like I've seen with Kilimanjaro Safaris). I'd probably stand up to see around you, but unfortunately I'm so clumsy I'd probably fall over (especially with the movement and all) and bump into you, & your iPad would fall into the crocodile pit! You'd be more than welcome to go get it!

Alternatively, I'll probably just basically crawl right up on your shoulder. Not actually touching you, of course, but right up in your face, breathing down your neck. I hope that doesn't make you uncomfortable! And, by the way, I'll cut in front of your children, who used to cut in front of me when looking at exhibits. I used to just let them do it, figuring kids will be kids, but now that you're treating your family vacation as so much more important than everyone else's I will too. I'm sorry that my big body will block your kids' view, but too bad, it's my vacation too, so they're going to be staring at my derriere! And I'm going to hog that space until I'm good and tired of it, long after you've run out of patience and moved on.

Oh, and when you and your stroller full of junk get to that door, I am totally not going to hold it open for you (i'm not going to slow down my vacation for the likes of you). I am also not moving so that you and your armfuls of sleepy kids can have a seat on that late night bus (I paid for my tickets just as you did, so this seat is mine).

When we start violating the rules of basic public decency, this is the sort of stuff that's going to happen. Do we really want to live in this world?

Ugh we watched the new Celebrate the Magic show along with Wishes a few weeks ago by the Partners statue. You would not believe all the iPads up in the air, recording it all and taking photos. Talk about ANNOYING and RUDE!

I love Apple, I love iPhones and iPads. But please, don't disrupt anyone's view.

On another note, I understand people are excited for being in Disney, and I'm all about recording your memories... But why record every second of wishes when there are hundreds of videos online - and most are better quality! I'm sure I'm not the only one on this ;)

I loved when I was at MVMCP the other day and there was a guy who put his kid on his shoulders. Next thing he did was pull out his ipad to record the castle show and completely blocked the kid from seeing anything when he held it up.

Encountered quite a few ipads in front of me at various shows and rides and it was annoying. I want to see what I'm here to see for myself and not through your ipad screen!

I couldn't agree more. and it's not just the people behind the thoughtless Ipad user, many people around them are distracted by the light from their Ipad. esp those with vision problems.. those who ahve problems with their eyes adjusting to the dark. once that bright screen is on, these people will probably see niothing of the show at all. yeah, real thoughtful.

On another note, I understand people are excited for being in Disney, and I'm all about recording your memories... But why record every second of wishes when there are hundreds of videos online - and most are better quality! I'm sure I'm not the only one on this ;)

I'm totally with you on this one! I love watching Disney videos on Youtube - resorts, rides everything. But it's very frustrating when you do a search & most of the results are poor quality, shaky, and badly done. I really hate it when people when people pan back and forth really quickly to "cover" everything, like they're trying to paint a wall! You're not adding to the Youtube community, you're just cluttering it up!

I did and I have an iPhone 5, play station 3, wii, etc who gives a flying horse. The point is I don't understand how people complain about everything and expect people to bend over backwards for them. That to me is just plain rude.

I learned a lesson today! Demonstrating common courtesy is considered bending over backwards! :D

I think Disney should prohibit the use of iPads for photography and video recording inside their parks. If a recording device obstructs somebody's view of a show or attraction, they should not be allowed, period. People are already rude enough. This would be unacceptable for me, and I'd have no problem telling somebody to move their device if it was bothering me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter