Ipad questions

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by tinkerbellandeeyor, Nov 25, 2012.

1. tinkerbellandeeyor

tinkerbellandeeyor DIS Veteran

Is there a way to rent movies on there for travel like for when I don't have access to the internet

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. furb & dez

furb & dez City Bear Jamboreers

Not that I'm aware of, but I've never really looked.

You can, however, rip movies (that you currently own) onto your computer, and then import them into your iPad. Itunes can convert them into a format that your iPad can utilize.

4. phorsenuf

phorsenuf Not so New Rule author

If you're talking like an actual disc, then no. They do not have a dvd player drive.

5. Rememberingthe70s

Rememberingthe70s Old School

Yep, you can rent movies. They look fabulous. They're in iTunes. I rent a few for the plane before each trip. They're very hi-res tho, so it takes a bit of time and a good connection for the download. Once you've rented, they show up in the "my videos" app with the little movie clacker icon.

6. ThumpersWorld

ThumpersWorld Mouseketeer DVC Gold

If you have a movie that came with a digital copy you can save it on itunes and then download it from there onto your ipad. The digital copy would have a code within the sleeve of the movie case. Note that most codes will expire at some point and not all movies come with a digital copy. If would say so on the case of the movie.

7. tinkerbellandeeyor

Thanks everyone but if it has internet access I can download iTunes and rent movies that way right? It is a Holiday gift so I can be getting a nook for all I know but both have internet access from my understanding.

8. lemondog

lemondog <font color=darkorchid>My twins fight over who too

Yes, via iTunes. You can buy movies and tv shows too. SAVED me during a flight with my then 9-month old. You can only download via wifi, though.

9. tinkerbellandeeyor

Thanks

10. LynnTH

LynnTH DIS Veteran

We rent movies from I-tunes all the time for trips. We usually rent and download them a few days before we leave to make sure they download alright. The movies will stay on your I-pad for 30 days. Though once you start watching a movie that movie will disappear in 24 hours. So, for my family we all have I-pads and I can watch a movie on my I-pad and my kids can watch the same movie (on my I-Pad) as long as we all watch within 24 hours.

11. DVC-Don

DVC-Don DIS Veteran

I also rent movies for my flights on iTunes. In fact I've got two movies on the iPad now as we leave for Florida Friday.

12. furb & dez

furb & dez City Bear Jamboreers

I guess I just don't see the appeal of watching a movie on an iPad; I'd rather read.

But, different strokes... :)

13. tinkerbellandeeyor

Thanks for the warning
    Have fun
    well I was thinking as much as I like reading I might like a break from time to time and watch a movie or a tv show

14. topolino

topolino DIS Veteran

Just chiming in to vouch for renting movies in iTunes. It's a great service and works fine.

To the poster who says he or she would rather read than watch a movie - I'd agree if I had to choose one over the other, but there is nothing to say I can't do both. I enjoy both literature and cinema.

15. tinkerbellandeeyor

I love to read but my brain can use a break from time to time

16. topolino

topolino DIS Veteran

I'm right there with you.

17. Gumbo4x4

Gumbo4x4 Note to the ladies who forgot to

Most of my family gets car-sick if attempting to read in a moving vehicle. I can read on a plane, but not in a car. DD7 & DW also get car-sick reading. Only DD12 can read in a car. But, we all do fine with movies.:goodvibes