Iowa/Minnesota DVCers?

been there many times. have family in Cresco!

How's that go again...oh yeah....everyone now...It's a small world after all, it's a small world after all..... :goodvibes Now that we all have that song in our heads...Most people don't even know where Decorah is! It is a wonderful town to live in. I have also lived in Cedar Falls, Wells, MN (hello neighbors to the north!!!), Oelwien (worked in Independence) and now back to Decorah.

Here is my fam.....

image747.jpg

It's a couple years old, kids look older now, otherwise we haven't changed much!!! :laughing:

We live in Blaine, MN. I've only been a Minnesotan for 5 years (raised in the Northeast), but DH was mostly raised here. Our next WDW trip is in January because I NEED a break from our winters!

Here we are in Oct 2008:
wdw08cu-1.jpg

ok...so I am going to live vicariously through you guys......how often do you guys go, when do you normally go how long do you stay and how long have you been members????? :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

ok...so I am going to live vicariously through you guys......how often do you guys go, when do you normally go how long do you stay and how long have you been members????? :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

We have been members for 12 years and generally go 2-3 times a year...Our preference is January, March, May, October, November, or December. Our usual is early Dec. or January...No holidays, but we love to be there for New Year's Eve.

Pending DVCer here. Can I join in? ;)

Living in Cottage Grove MN for the last 15 years and grew up and lived in St. Paul MN for 23.

Here we are in 2006 prior to our youngest being born. Why are we all leaning? :rotfl: I just noticed.
UsMGM.jpg

And here is the new little man. :)

sleepy.jpg

We are brand new members...haven't even went "home" yet. That being said...we are going in Oct, got back in April and went in Jan of last year!

We have gone in every month except July, August and September. We always go for at least 1 week to make the airfare worthwhile. Having DVC as a winter escape is priceless!

We purchased in November 2008, so we are new members! We visited again in January 2009 to SSR to use our Developer Points. We are going back in September for a cash trip at the Mods (AP discount), and then currently booked for NYE in a 2 bedroom at Kidani. The only plans we have after that are the Podcast Cruise in 2010 (cash) and will make that into a land/sea using our points.

I'm fairly certain we'll have another trip at some point in 2010 as well, in the spring perhaps.

Our SSR trip was 8 nights/9 days. The upcoming cash trip is short, 5 nights. NYE will also be shorter, but if we switch our dates to early December we are going to hope for 8 nights again. We really enjoy the 8 night/9 day stay.

We plan to purchase more points after these are paid off. :thumbsup2:yay:

We purchased in November 2008, so we are new members! We visited again in January 2009 to SSR to use our Developer Points. We are going back in September for a cash trip at the Mods (AP discount), and then currently booked for NYE in a 2 bedroom at Kidani. The only plans we have after that are the Podcast Cruise in 2010 (cash) and will make that into a land/sea using our points.

I'm fairly certain we'll have another trip at some point in 2010 as well, in the spring perhaps.

Our SSR trip was 8 nights/9 days. The upcoming cash trip is short, 5 nights. NYE will also be shorter, but if we switch our dates to early December we are going to hope for 8 nights again. We really enjoy the 8 night/9 day stay.

We plan to purchase more points after these are paid off. :thumbsup2:yay:

What is a PodCast Cruise?

We live in Idaho but DH's family still has their farm in Whiting IA and a place on Lake Okoboji that's been in the family since 1893. :goodvibes We are looking forward to our midwest vacation next week. Everyone in the midwest is so nice and they know when you tell them that you are from Idaho that you don't mean Iowa. :rotfl:

Here is our sixth generation Iowan:
DSC03251.jpg

We live in Idaho but DH's family still has their farm in Whiting IA and a place on Lake Okoboji that's been in the family since 1893. :goodvibes We are looking forward to our midwest vacation next week. Everyone in the midwest is so nice and they know when you tell them that you are from Idaho that you don't mean Iowa. :rotfl:

:rotfl:

Try having to refute people thinking your senator in Idaho that did the foot tapping in the bathroom stall in the MN MSP airport was a MN senator. No, not a MN senator. They have "other issues" (PLEASE don't ask me about Al Franken!). :ssst: :confused3:rotfl: :rolleyes1

I just got back from Boise a month ago. Beautiful place. :) The farmer's market was awesome! Like a mini art fair. LOVE Goldies!!!! And Sawahdee! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Oh and that place, can't think of the name, There is one downtown as well as well, not downtown that has the BEST BEST BEST lemontini w/ huckleberry martinis! :dance3: :drinking1 OH and sweet potato fries EVERYWHERE!

Medina, MN here! Sorry, I don't know how to post a pic on here yet!

We normally go the last couple of weeks of August....right before the kids head back to school.

Nobody representing the Des Moines, IA area. I will check in we line in Altoona,IA. :thumbsup2

We're from Brooklyn Park, MN. I grew up in the NE corner of IA - Monona. Just bought DVC last August and had our first trip Home in March. I'm trying to plan for another trip next year. ;)

Image0295.jpg

Try having to refute people thinking your senator in Idaho that did the foot tapping in the bathroom stall in the MN MSP airport was a MN senator. No, not a MN senator. They have "other issues" (PLEASE don't ask me about Al Franken!). :ssst: :confused3:rotfl: :rolleyes1

I just got back from Boise a month ago. Beautiful place. :) The farmer's market was awesome! Like a mini art fair. LOVE Goldies!!!! And Sawahdee! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Oh and that place, can't think of the name, There is one downtown as well as well, not downtown that has the BEST BEST BEST lemontini w/ huckleberry martinis! :dance3: :drinking1 OH and sweet potato fries EVERYWHERE!

Sounds like you had a great time in Boise. :thumbsup2

I don't want to start a political discussion and cause the thread to be closed. Unfortunately the best and brightest we have to offer don't become politicians so we all have to suffer. ;)

It is good to see so many IA/MN DVC'rs checking in. :thumbsup2

Here is our sixth generation Iowan:
DSC03251.jpg

I will be over at Lake Okoboji 2 weeks from Saturday! It's only a 2 hour drive from here!

I will be over at Lake Okoboji 2 weeks from Saturday! It's only a 2 hour drive from here!

We will be there for a week starting Wednesday. I can't wait. :goodvibes The weather there is nicer than it's been here -- that is unusual! Our cottage is on the same beach at The Inn.

We are from Shoreview, MN. As I searched for pictures of us I realize we are not in any of our Disney pictures. I'll have to work on this when we go back in January!!! So, that being said, the most recent pictures I have of us are from Joshua's graduation this past June and the four of us aren't even in a picture together so lucky you, you get to see two pictures of us. :goodvibes

007.jpg

005.jpg

We're in the Circle Pines/Blaine area of MN.

Owned since 2002...

Here's a pic we had done at a Photopass session in spring of 08.

FamilyApril08.jpg

Kids were 12 and 11 at that point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter