IOA-Universal Standing in Line

VanCamper

Earning My Ears
If you are staying onsite at Universal resorts, you will have a great time. If you are staying offsite, I suggest you go to Seaworld or Busch Gardens. You will be standing in line watching the hotel guests get on the rides. This happened to me this past weekend. Spiderman had 90 - 150 minute wait times. Hotel guests are rushing by in the express line. It was awful. When the new hotel opens this summer, it will be worse yet. IOA and USF are great parks ONLY if you stay onsite. Offsiters, save yourself the aggravation.

Not true. You can have just as much fun if you stay offsite. Just remember these key rules:

1.) Arrive 30 minutes before opening and head to the popular rides first.

2.) Use Universal Express and single rider lines.

3.) Take an afternoon break and watch some shows.

4.) Ask questions on this board! :)

My Guess is your frustration comes from going to the Universal on Easter Weekend. I doubt the lines would have been any shorter anywhere else.

PS. FOTL access is an extremely smart (and profitable) marketing effort on Universal's part. It fills their hotels and has no effect on park attendence or admission price.

Yep, they probably went Easter weekend like I did.
Like my TR says, even BGT was packed. By noon, all rides had a 1 hour wait. My DD and I gave up and left. The line for the Florida Fun Card processing was 1 hour. Can you imagine arriving to a park at noon and then waiting 1 hour just to get in?

The best advice for those staying offsite is to arrive before the park opens, be at the gate by 08:30am. On Thursday March 28th, my DD and I took 1 lap around IOA with 10 minute waits, then had lunch at Mythos. After that the place was jammed, and it didn't get much better at night.

I'm really glad they opened IOA a little early. When we walked in at 08:40am, people we're on Hulk. This helped alot because by 09:15, we had already done Hulk, Spiderman, and Dr. Doom, then hit the water rides which only had 10 minute waits.

There's always the VIP tour. Just keep that in mind.

more info-407-363-8295

It is a 4 hour tour of the park. The tour is available at either park both morning and afternoon sessions. The tour is guided by a park employee and you will ride all rides. You will also see 1??? show of your choosing. The benifit to this tour is the true front of the line access. The employee will bring you to the front of the line and put you right on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter