IOA in June

degenerationxwwfwdw1

DIS Veteran
Ok now that I have sort of cooled off about IOA closing at 8 PM during my visit (8 PM!!!!!! :-) ) I was wondering when would be the best time for me to go. Any day from June 16 through June 22 is when I can go. Also I have been to IOA in July last year and Christmas the year before and the park is usually really crowded in the early afternoon but usually around 5 or 6 the park seems pretty empty. I was wondering if this usually happens in June too. And how are the crowds in June compared to July and late December??? I go by myself and I take advantage of single rider lines whenever possible but I still have to wait for Ripsaw Falls, Bilge Rat Barges, and Jurassic Park River Adventure (Dueling Dragons has never had a wait any time I have ever been to IOA :-) ) so the crowds do somewhat effect me. Thanks and any help is appreciated.

Sorry to bump again but I really need to know the best day to go, if there is much of a difference at all. I was thinking that maybe Wednesday or Thursday would be the best to go but I am not sure. Also how early do I need to get there? Do they sometimes, like Disney, open the park say 30 min before the scheduled opening.

June is not as busy. Summer season actually starts around the 21st or so. You can expect it to be slower in the week, starting to build around Thursday through the weekend. Closer to July you get, you can expect it to be start to get busier earlier in the week.

You know, you kind of answered your own issue as to why the park closes at 8 in June. "but usually around 5 or 6 the park seems pretty empty" is exactly why. They don't start staying open later until the crowds justify it.

Have a great time!

Thanks Earl
I forgot that I started a new topic so I didn't mention that the reason I was upset that IOA closed so early wasn't about the amount of time it was because I love IOA at night!!! I especially love riding The Hulk, Dueling Dragons, and Dudledy Do Right's Ripsaw Falls at night. And at 8 p.m. it is not dark outside. I would rather the park go from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. :-) I had said this in an earlier post but not this one. My bad. And one other thing I hate reduced hours because I go to IOA by myself. So I never have to wait for Hulk, Spiderman, and Dr. Doom (sometimes JPRA) because of single rider lines. And I ride the three wet rides as much as I can in the morning so the crowds really do not effect me any :-) So that is why the earlier closing effects me more than the average guest :-)
But I usually think that the park has been empty around 5 or 6 even in July when it dosen't close until 10 p.m. Go figure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter