Inventions - reviews

Gosh loool no wonder shes scared then!! attacking her mum loool

Aww my niece didnt like any of them so they came round to here brothers etc but just waved at her and moved on as they could see she was scared. So it he sees Kyra is abit unsure i'm sure he wont come up to her.

We ate here last Thursday 21 August.

We were booked in for 6.30, but were a little early so sat outside Cafe Fantasia for 5 minutes to have a look round at the wonderful decor of Disneyland Hotel.

SSL15098.jpg

The bad news is that the price has gone up since our last visit - it is now 51 Euros for an adult and 26 Euros for children. The good news is that it is still worth it, in our opinion.

The starters were plentiful - take a look at this stack of prawns etc in the background of this photo.

002.jpg

Son and Husband went up a great many times each. (Why are they both so slim?:rolleyes: ).
The characters were already out when we got in there and were not slow in coming over to us. In the background here you can see Son going back for more starters.
001.jpg

Tigger was in a very jovial mood and knocked Dtr's Minnie ears off her head every single time he passed, all night! When he sat with us he took them and put them on his eyes. The child at the next table was really laughing and calling "Tigger's a Minnie!" over and over. :rotfl:
004.jpg

Then Tigger decided he would make himself comfy and wouldn't get up when Husband came back with his meal.
005.jpg

Our waiter was lovely - having given Dtr a drawing slate when we came in, he came back ten minutes later with a set of blocks-type puzzle for her as well. At the end of the meal he came over with a handful of sweets for her, then passed by 2 minutes later with 2 handfuls more!

Tweedle Dee and Dum were out too, though not very well behaved.....
008.jpg

Pluto came over and thoroughly 'licked'Husband's head before posing for his photo.
003.jpg

There were lots of main courses to choose from, meats in sauces as well as fresh carved meat plus veg, rice, pasta, veggie stuff and more child-friendly foods.

The desserts were GORGEOUS, and the chocolate fountain was flowing well. You can see it in the background of the photo with Tweedle Dee picking his nose.

We took our time eating - there was no feeling of being rushed and although it was the most expensive meal of our trip (199.20 Euros) it was really worth it.

Yummy yummy yummy!

Again, this place looks fantastic.....!!! Shame I can't get Robert interested!!

Bob xoxoxox

Tweedledee/dum did exactly the same to us as well and wouldnt leave til DH pretended to pick his nose as well :rotfl:

We also noticed the price had gone up but we are convinced DD was only charged at the younger childs rate (she is 8 and tall for her age so looks older)

I'm even more excited to eat here now. Thanks Small World.

I'm assuming drinks are not included in the price. (Thankgod Kyra eats free lol)

I'm even more excited to eat here now. Thanks Small World.

I'm assuming drinks are not included in the price. (Thankgod Kyra eats free lol)

No, the only restaurant I've seen that includes your drinks is the Steakhouse Sunday Brunch.

I love the way you're staying in the best hotel but won't buy drinks there!! :rotfl:

I never found drinks too pricey at DLRP. :)

In my experience I've found 'most expensive' doesn't translate as 'best'.

Bob xoxoxox

I have a question... Does Inventions often have just a 'plain' food option?

Bob xoxoxox

I have a question... Does Inventions often have just a 'plain' food option?

Bob xoxoxox

Sorry what do you mean by plain food? Do you mean meat without a sauce? If so there is usually one option like this otherwise most other things are in sauces - delicious ones at that

Sorry what do you mean by plain food? Do you mean meat without a sauce? If so there is usually one option like this otherwise most other things are in sauces - delicious ones at that

I just meant something for fussier eaters.......

Bob xoxoxox

You could have melon as a starter, cold meats, prawns without dressing, smoked salmon. Most of the dressings are in bowls for you to add yourself.

For a main course you could choose the sliced carvery meat, rice and green beans as veg, fairly plain spaghetti bolognese, pizza, chicken pieces in breadcrumbs (proper chicken, not floor sweepings!)

For dessert you could chose just plain fruit - grapes, bananas, apples, kiwis, pears. Or jelly, or ice-cream or madelaines.

I'm not sure you'd really get your 51 Euros worth, though.

You could have melon as a starter, cold meats, prawns without dressing, smoked salmon. Most of the dressings are in bowls for you to add yourself.

For a main course you could choose the sliced carvery meat, rice and green beans as veg, fairly plain spaghetti bolognese, pizza, chicken pieces in breadcrumbs (proper chicken, not floor sweepings!)

For dessert you could chose just plain fruit - grapes, bananas, apples. kiwis, pears. Or jelly, or ice-cream or madelaines.

I'm not sure you'd really get your 51 Euros worth, though.

Hmmmmm.... Sounds a bit more promising............ :goodvibes

Bob xoxoxox

Being a single parent i have to cut costs somewhere.
Yeah, and 51 Euro for a buffet no drinks is a bit steep!

Surely they can't charge you for tap water though?

I still don;t know if its worth my 51Euro seeing as I don;t really like meats....

Yeah, and 51 Euro for a buffet no drinks is a bit steep!

Surely they can't charge you for tap water though?

I still don;t know if its worth my 51Euro seeing as I don;t really like meats....

It might not be worth the 51 Euro then..........

Bob xoxoxox

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter