Introduction

Discussion in 'Welcome to the DIS' started by Merryweather89, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Merryweather89

Merryweather89 Earning My Ears

Hello everyone!

I'm Lindsey. This is my first post on the DIS boards. Back in the middle of April I was reading a few trip reviews since my honey and I were taking a cruise on the Disney Dream and wanted to be prepared. I had been on the Wonder back in 2006, so I wondered what kind of new things Disney had come up with on the newer ships.

Growing up in Central Florida, my family has always had annual passes to Disney ever since I can remember. Now that I'm in my 20s I've continued the tradition with my "Mickey" (see picture of our Halloween costumes from last year as my avatar :goodvibes ).

Hoping to make some new friends - hopefully some fellow central Floridians that enjoy Disney as much as we do.

See ya'll around :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Merryweather89

Oh, as far as my username goes...

The blue fairy from Sleeping Beauty, Merryweather, is my mom's favorite Disney character. About a year ago I bought her a set of the fairy dolls, and she loved them. Recently my grandmother has been experiencing the later stages of Parkinson's and Dementia, so my mom told her that if she hangs on to the fairy it will bring her happy thoughts, etc. Every time I see her she is holding Merryweather.

When I was a child (before I was old enough to go to school) my grandparents would bring me to Disney in my stroller and we would go around EPCOT - there are pictures particularly of me standing on a table (as a baby just able to walk) at the Odyssey restaurant dancing with Donald Duck.

She spent so much time taking me to Disney when I was young; it seemed fitting to honor her some way, and this seemed perfect :)

4. Sphinx610

Sphinx610 DIS Veteran

Aww! Welcome :)

Merryweather is my fave fairy and SB is my fave movie :)

5. Merryweather89

6. Turbanator

Turbanator Disney Fan

[​IMG]

Welcome to disboards Merryweather89

7. magicaldisney

magicaldisney DIS Veteran

8. TooBoyz4us

TooBoyz4us <font color=red>Run! The Tag Fairies are everywhe