Introducing my nieces (and BIL) to Disney. Pre trip report.

Danauk

<font color=green>I would be sitting on the patio
The cast for this trip: DH and I, my SIL (who has been a few times before), BIL (who has never been to a Disney park before), nephew age 7 (2nd visit), niece age 5 and niece age 2, both on their 1st visit.

DH and I are going for a week in August, staying in the Residhome Val d'Europe again. We like staying here due to the room having a kitchen, ease of getting to the parks (30 second walk to the station and 2 1/2 minutes on the train) and as we have Dream AP's we do not need an onsite package deal.

SIL and family are also on holiday near Disney whilst we are there as they are on their way back from a camping trip in France. We took our nephew for a 2 night trip when he was 5 and promised our niece a trip when she was also 5. So the plan is that the whole family will meet us in the parks for 1 day, then the following day my SIL and 5 year old niece will return for a 2nd day. Seen as there is only a limited amount of time we are going to have to be well planned!

Our nephew loves Spiderman, so the meet and greet is a must (this was not available on his last trip) and DH also want to take him to the new Star Wars Jedi Training Academy. My niece, like other young girls her age, is Frozen mad so the new Sing-a-long will also be a must. She also loves rides, so I am sure we will have a few rounds of BTMRR. My BIL hasn't been to a Disney park before, so doesn't really know what to expect. He doesn't really do rides, but I am sure he will love the parades, Dreams and the character meal in Inventions.

So the plan, on our full family day we are going to have dinner in Inventions so we can see some characters there. Then on our 2nd day we are going to have lunch at Auberge so my niece can have lunch ith the princesses. As DH and I were at DLP last week we send all 3 of them a postcard each from their favourite characters inviting them to go to DLP, so this morning we got a very excited phonecall from them saying that Lightning McQueen, Cinderella and Minnie had invited them to DLP in the summer and they wanted us to go with them too as we love Disney!

So as the new attractions are introduced for Frozen Summer I guess I am going to have to make sure I read up on how to do things effectively! This will definately be a new experience for us as we have never taken a princess mad little girl to the parks before. So if anyone has any hints and tips for a long day with 3 young children in the parks, I am all ears!!

Sounds like a lovely trip. My DS really wants to do the Star Wars Jedi training too, so hope this is up and running soon. Only tips I can give re visits with small children is to get there early if you can. Fantasyland is usually the go-to area and if you can be there early you'll make the most of it.

We plan to get there early, DH and I have early entry with our Dream AP's but SIL and family only have day tickets so they do not. We plan on meeting at 9am so we can get in to the Studios at 9:30; my nephew actually preferred the Studios last trip. On the day with SIL and niece we will meet before 9am, then I can take them into Salon Mickey as a guest so they can get into the parks a little early then and head to Fantasyland.

So this morning I made our ADR's; Inventions for the whole family at 6:30 on the Tuesday, Auberge de Cendrilon at 1pm on the Wednesday and then lunch for DH and I at Walts on the Friday before we drive home. We usually have lunch at Inventions before we leave, but as we already having dinner there earlier in the week and the fact that we like Walts but haven't eaten there for a few years we decided to go to Walts instead.

After speaking to my nephew yesterday he really wants to do the Jedi training academy so this is a must. He also wants to ride Ratatouille as this wasn't open on his last visit. So getting him signed up for the JTA and getting FP's for Ratatouille is going to be fun! From what I have read there will be 6 JTA shows each day and a total of 96 children each day will be able to take part. So I guess as DH and I have early entry with our Dream AP's I am going to have to get in line for this during EE and my nephew can join me when they get in. Then, depending on the time slot we get, we will have to go over to the Studios to get the Ratatouille FP's. Seen as we have a few week of the JTA being open before we go hopefully I will get more information about this before we are there.

Sounds like you plan to get as much in as possible. I think my nephew would love the Jedi training too but my sister doesn't have any plans to go again as my BIL doesn't like theme parks.

Hope you enjoy your trip:)

Tips for Princess mad little girls - take costumes and get her to dress up each day! She'll have loads of attention from CMs (we even had security guards bowing on the way in to DD!) and the pictures will look amazing from Auberge! Same for all the children really - dress up as much as they like! (Jedi, pirates, princes...)

Oh, and investigate the situation for the Princess Pavillion - certainly worth doing once with a Princess mad girl!

Spiderman was great - definitely worth visiting.

With Dream APs you have free pushchair hire - I know it's slightly different but after 4 days in the park DD really appreciated being able to be pushed around - tired little 5 year old legs! I also think they can still be 'comfortable' for 7/8 year olds. So might be worth a consideration, especially if you're planning on zipping around the parks.

Hope that helps a bit!

C x

Thanks for the tips. I bought my older niece the Elsa dress and her sister the Anna dress earlier this year (I got my nephew an Olaf t-shirt) so we are set for costumes for our full family day. My older niece also has a Belle dress, but I think I will treat her to a Cinderella dress when we are there for her meal at Auberge. We will have the puchchair for my younger niece and they are used to walking lots as a family so I am sure they will be OK (my nephew managed without one 2 years ago).

following along! I love big family trips. we had a great trip in February with my two sons and my two nieces.

it sounds like you've a lot to fit in. I'd prioritize what are 'must dos' to avoid disappointment. Inventions and ADC are a great idea as you can avoid losing precious time queueing for M&Gs

So we are now at our single digit dance day and my niece and nephew have decided upon their priorities. My nephew wants to do the Jedi Training Academy, BTMRR (despite saying for the past year he would not ride it again! He now says that you don't get to like things unless you keep trying them!), Stitch Live and Ratatouille. My niece wants to do the Frozen Singalong, BTMRR and Princess for a day (we are going to try to boo this for her 2nd day in the park before lunch with the princesses). My SIL wants BIL to see Animagique and Dreams. So a fair bit of walking and trying to get to timed events at appropriate times!

So at the moment I am busy watching the news about Operation Stack and delays at the tunnel as we are driving over. Hopefully though being on a 6:20am shuttle on a Monday morning should mean traffic hasn't had time to build up yet!

Hope the travel is ok. Lots of lovely things to look forward to, hope you all have a fab time :thumbsup2

That came around quickly! you should be able to fit in all of that but it will be a busy few days! Make sure to have snacks & drinks on hand for the kids. have a magical time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter