Introducing Dizzy Bear

Discussion in 'UK Community Board' started by Pegasus928, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Pegasus928

Pegasus928 DIS Veteran

I have already mentioned our new family member Dizzy Bear in our pre-trip report but I thought I would formally introduce him here - and give you an idea of our plans for his future to try and get some feedback.

This is Dizzy

[​IMG]

We got him from Build-a-Bear a few weeks ago and he will be joining us on our trip to Florida in a few days time.
    He even has his own halloween costume ready for MNSSHP.

[​IMG]

Earlier on this week he went on hs very first trip away from home when he came with me to A-Bear-Deen. You can see what he got up to by seeing some of his pictures HERE

And this is where we hope our Dis friends will come to our help - especially those of you with children.
    We would like for Dizzy's Facebook page to grow, and for that to happen we need him to travel and get pictures not only from around the country but also the world. The more new and interesting places he goes the better it will be for those following his progress - the hope being that it will also become educational for us all.
    It also goes without saying that the more trips he gets to Florida - and Disney in general - having his pic taken in front of new landmarks and with different characters the better.
    So if any of you fancy fitting him into your plans and taking him on your holiday with you then please PM me so we can start to build him a diary.
    Also feel free to add him as a friend - we will be updating his pictures once we are in Florida :thumbsup2

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Pinky166

Pinky166 <font color=deeppink>a little on the OCD side<br><

I think it's a fab idea Kenny. :thumbsup2

When I have my holiday booked for next year I will PM you. :)

4. scottish mum

scottish mum <font color=darkorchid>We still have 2 posties in

Brilliant idea.

My kids school has a travelling bear and he's been to Florida with us and the interaction with the characters was great. He also wemt to Australia, hong kong, canada to name a few. He always sent postcards back to the school and the kids loved it

Added him to my facebook now, pictures are great, you are all going to have loads of fun with him

5. wilma-bride

wilma-bride <<This space intentionally blank>> Moderator

Kenny, does Dizzy want to come on the Disney cruise with the Bad Mothers :rotfl:

6. Pegasus928

Pegasus928 DIS Veteran

I'm sure Dizzy would love that. What are the dates you are going?

7. mandymouse

mandymouse <font color=red>If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Moderator

What a fun idea. I hope Dizzy has fun on his travels :thumbsup2

8. natalielongstaff

natalielongstaff <font color=deeppink>I need a cup of tea and a big

Does he drink much :lmao:

Im adding him to my FB friends and im sure Ellie will as well :thumbsup2

9. kieras nana

kieras nana DIS Veteran

i wouldv'e taken him to mexico with us,on the 19th,but have noticed,we are away at the same time!
    he can come to china & malaysia,with us in april,if he fancies it!
    let me know,we leave on the 8th & i will keep his seat spare,just in case:thumbsup2
    tracy

10. Pinky166

Pinky166 <font color=deeppink>a little on the OCD side<br><

I've sent a friend request on FB too. :thumbsup2

Great photo's, looks like Dizzy had a fab time.

11. wilma-bride

wilma-bride <<This space intentionally blank>> Moderator

29th October to 1st November - we could collect Dizzy from you at MNSSHP :confused3

12. Pegasus928

Pegasus928 DIS Veteran

I got your PM and as soon as we have a calendar made out for Dizzy we will make sure we book him in for your holiday. :cool2:

Thanks for adding him. He has made lots of new friends over the last 24 hours :thumbsup2

He would love to go with you. I will have to try and find him some suitable attire now ;)

That sounds like a good plan. He will be in his halloween costume but we will bring him a change of clothes for the trip :thumbsup2
    We are still working on the logistics of how to get him from one family to another but I will either PM you or speak to you at MNSSHP when we have figured it out

13. Netty

Netty <font color=deeppink>A six foot palm from Wal-Mart

great idea Kenny-looks like Dizzy bear is going to more exciting places in the future!! not sure where we are going next year as its our 25th anniversary and there was talk of las vegas but nothing booked as yet. I'm sure Dizzy would love to meet our Magic Bob as well. He was bought in the Florida mall build a bear a couple of yrs ago and dressed in suitable florida attire :rotfl:

14. Cyrano

Cyrano Moderator Moderator

Great idea Kenny :)

I have sent a FB friend request. Glad to hear that Dizzy wore the kilt correctly.

We made a fool of FIL who decided to wear undergarments with the kilt :rolleyes1 He will not do that again in a hurry :lmao:

15. Pegasus928

Pegasus928 DIS Veteran

If you've had a chance to see some of Dizzys photos on Facebook you will see that he has plenty of friends within our family - both from Build-a-Bear and Build-a-Dino. But he will always be happy to make new friends :thumbsup2

Dizzy accepted your request :cool2:

He was also very conscious of upsetting any locals so made sure he wore the kilt properly :thumbsup2

16. natalielongstaff

natalielongstaff <font color=deeppink>I need a cup of tea and a big

:lmao: i should hope so !!

17. Ware Bears

Ware Bears Bring me that horizon Moderator

He is so cute!!! :thumbsup2 Next time I go on FB I will add him as a friend.

There are a couple of DIS crocs on the DLP board and it's great fun reading all about their adventures and seeing their photos.

18. scojos

scojos <font color=peach>I want to be Tinkerbell and fly

what a fantastic idea, we dont go anywhere til next aug, but if he fancies a day trip to wolverhampton he is more than welcome!
    DD had a build a bear polar bear yesterday called marshmallow, ill post a picture so they can become friends too!!
    hope your bear does some serious travelling!
    tracy