Interview at the Disney Store

allsorts3

Earning My Ears
So excited and I REALLY want this job. It's for weekends and holidays when I'm not at Sixth Form. My interview is next week, has anyone ever had one with them before and know what they might ask? I would imagine they follow quite a strict routine question wise and I don't want to be erm-ing all the way through :P. Surprisingly, google hasn't brought up a great deal so I'm hoping someone will have had an interview with them before :). Thanks

just be honest , straight forward, always look them in the eye when answering their questions ..maybe have a list of questions to ask them and be confident !! Good Luck keep us posted on how it goes!

Thank you all :) I'm so excited about it and want to have an idea of the questions before I go in so I can nail it :cheer2:

Smiling is always important in an interview.

They might ask you how you'd deal with an angry customer or a child throwing toys around.

The interviews I have gone for have always asked me:

Why I want the job?,
What can I bring to the company/job?
also to talk a bit about yourself in your own words.
You will probably be given a couple of senarios of how you would deal with certain things if they were to happen.

Remember to dress smart ( I not saying you won't but the past few weeks where I work at Sainsburys a lot of the guys turning up have been wearing jeans & t shirts:headache: )

Be confident, take time to think before you answer the questions, don't think you have to rush to answer.

Also remember eye contact, even more important if it is a panel interview.

If possible give the store a call or an informal chat, many employers are encouraging this as it shows a real interest that you want the job.

Always have a couple of questions to ask at the interview

Good luck:wizard:

Good Luck :wizard: :wizard: .

There is a Guy on here who's girlfriend works for Disney Store,i honestly can't think who he is at the moment-sorry.Hopefully he may see it+she could help you out.x.

I worked at the Disney Store for 2 years and I work at Disney World now. Be prepared to do some sort of roleplay. They handed me a Lightning McQueen remote control car and asked me to demonstrate it and sell it to the interviewer. That's a huge part of the job so be prepared for that! Other than that, be very bubbly, smiley and just Disney. Good luck!

So excited and I REALLY want this job. It's for weekends and holidays when I'm not at Sixth Form. My interview is next week, has anyone ever had one with them before and know what they might ask? I would imagine they follow quite a strict routine question wise and I don't want to be erm-ing all the way through :P. Surprisingly, google hasn't brought up a great deal so I'm hoping someone will have had an interview with them before :). Thanks

So I know this post is really late, but I'll post it for future Disney cast members!

I went into my first group interview today. The location that I applied for is brand new and has not opened yet, so they held the interviews at a nearby hotel.
~Expect to be there for at least an hour.
~Arrive at least 15 minutes beforehand so that you can fill in the application. ~The dress code is quite strict if you're actually working there, so try to dress close to what they expect of you if you were working there. No piercings, tattoos, brightly coloured hair, too much make up, only nude/clear nail polish allowed, black or brown shoes, etc.
~Possible Questions: Since it was a group interview, everyone got different questions.
~Tell us a little bit about yourself and why you'd be a good fit at TDS.
~How do you handle a very busy day at work or school?
~Who is your favourite Disney character?
~Think of a scene in your favourite Disney movie and act/sing/dance it
out.
~If a girl walked in wearing a Cinderella costume, what would you do?
~How would you make our guest feel the most special?
~If you had to entertain a child for 30 minutes, what would you do?
~If a kid walked in wearing a Grumpy shirt, how would you approach
them?
~A mother walks in pushing a stroller and holding the hand of another
child, how would you approach them?
A lot of these are scenario questions, they really pride them selves on "entertaining" kids. They're also looking for really outgoing and fun people that don't mind acting a little kooky just to put a smile on people's faces.

After the questions, they just fill you in on what you need to know, dress code, black out dates, what "call in to work" is (basically you calling in to ask to work if you're not scheduled and they can say yes or no), basically stuff like that. They also ask if you have any questions at the end, so make sure you ask anything that's on your mind!

Hope this helps ;)

I hope I get the job as it sounds like a very fun working environment!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter