• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Internet Cafe Price?

Familyof6

Mouseketeer
What is the current price for the Internet Cafe on the 4-day Wonder? I'm not sure if I really want my dh to be able to log in to work while onboard, but since we'll be at the parks first he may need to make contact with the office. Just wondering if it is worth buying the whole time or paying by the min/hour/whatever?
Lisa:)

I remember reading it was 89.99 for unlimited for a cruise not sure if it was 4 or 7 day and the minute rate was outrageous also like 2.99/min....

Last September it was $90 for the 7 day cruise, unlimited time. Sometimes the connection is slow, and the per minute charge will break you.

On the internet charge for the whole week of 90$ can it be split between people??

Me, my sister, and dad all love the computer. We and our families all have different cabins. Would it be okay if say 1 cabin got it and we all shared?? (and split the cost in the long run)

I think I remember that the Internet Cafe costs 75 cents per minute if you use the 'Internet' option and your own Web Based Email. It costs more (maybe the $2.99 per minute) if you use the email option with the address that they have setup for you with their cruise ship domain.

On the 7 day, it costs $90 for unlimited use and it's a little under $13 per day, so it would be approximately $52 for the 4 day. It's the same cost if you buy unlimited use on the first day or the third day, they don't break it down for unlimited use for just one day.

I don't know what the answer is about sharing one unlimited use account between three cabins. I do know that only one person can use the account at one time, since people have reported that their teen was in the Common Grounds area on a terminal and it wouldn't allow them to use it from the Internet Cafe at the same time.

Can someone please clarify this issue about using the "Internet" feature for a cheaper price vs. using their email? I just need to be able to check my email every other day or so for just a few minutes, but I don't want to pay for the whole week.

Can someone please clarify this issue about using the "email" feature for a cheaper price vs. using their email? I just need to be able to check my email every other day or so for just a few minutes, but I don't want to pay for the whole week.

There are two options on the screen when you login to the Internet Cafe. One is to use 'Email' and the Other is to use 'Internet'.

If you use the one for 'Email', you are using an Email address that is set up for you, using the cruise ship domain name. This option costs more than using the Internet.

If you use the Internet, you can use it to check your Web based Email account at the standard rate of $0.75 per minute. A Web based Email would be something that uses Internet Explorer to access and doesn't use another program, such as Outlook or Outlook Express. Yahoo or Hotmail would be examples of Web Based Email.

They also have an option to use AOL if you already have an AOL account set up and it's at the standard rate.

hope that helps

can teens use thier msn ?? for the 39.99 ?? do you have a lap top or are there pc on the ship you use?? i know dumb question but ia m new to sailing:D

So, would AOL be .75/min? Is the price per min. for actual on-line time only? For instance, can I do a flash session to retrieve all mail, then disconnect from the internet to read it and do replies, then sign on again for a quick flash session to send it out? They don't charge for the time you are just sitting at the puter composing, do they?

AOL would also be 75 cents/minute, unless you purchase one of the unlimited access offers.

When you login to the internet terminal, the clock starts ticking. it doesn't matter whether you are "on-line" or not, just whether or not you are logged in to the terminal. So doing a "flash session" with AOL doesn't do anything for you, since you'll still be using the terminal to read your email.

I wouldn't think you'd be able to download your mail (flash session) onto the Disney computers. I know when I go to my mil's I can't flash my mail onto her computer from AOL. I think you would have to compose online.
Just a thought.
BTW, thanks everyone for the great answers to my original post. I knew I could count on you to get me the answers!

Lisa :)

be very careful make sure u log out when done we thought we did but did not, some one else came and sat down , we did not have the unlimited plan ,had .75 per minute we went on just to check email before dinner . 10 min or so got call from Cafe manager she caught the girl .and they had to pay for the 85
min. :D

When you use the terminals at the Internet Cafe, you first log into your shipboard account. That's when the clock starts running, and it's running the entire time you're using the terminal, including when you're reading or composing your email. The clock doesn't stop running until you log out of your shipboard access account and you get a printout showing how many minutes you were online. You get this printout every time... even if you purchased the unlimited access package.

while is might be neat to send an email from the wonder or magic, i just refused to check email on our recent 7 day cruise...hey, its supposed to be a v a c a t i o n ! ! ! ! :bounce:

No, you cannot share an internet account between three people, even if they are in the same cabin but certainly not if you are in different cabins.

On our 7 day cruise, my husband let me check my email for a minute and the internet cafe manager saw the switch and informed us that it is per PERSON, not per cabin or per party.

Lisa

Hahaha:) I used the Internet Cafe last week to post a message on this board and it cost me $6.75. It seems like it was 75 cents a minute if you used the Internet option.

Does anyone know if there is a way to upload pics and email them to family and friends? I have a digital camera with a compact flash card. Is a CF reader available in the Internet Cafe?

Thnaks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter