Internet access

queenof4hearts

Mouseketeer
:o Good morning. We are headed to OKW 2 br tomorrow and then AKL concierge.
Does anyone know if they have internet access in the rooms and if they don't is it available in the resorts? Is there an extra charge?
Thank you . Wendi

Yes, all WDW resort rooms will have a dataport on the phone to allow connection of a computer. You will need to find a local access number for your internet provider (make sure it's really a local number). There is a charge of .35 per call for DVC members and .75 for others.

There is also an internet kiosk at OKW at the entrance to Olivia's. It offers free access to Disney sites and acces to other sites for a fee- it accepts credit cards for payment.

Enjoy!

VWL had internet access at the payphones. I imagine they installed them at other resorts as well. You can log on to the Disney website for free....all others require a credit card.

I've found that all the DVC resorts have dialup internet access. As previously indicated, be sure the number you dial is really local, so you get the $0.35 / call charge for members.

I haven't found any DVC resorts that have broadband access available, even at a location outside of the rooms. Hopefully they will do it at Saratoga Springs.

they charged me .35 a call for internet access..find numbers in winter park they are local..kissimee is not..when i checked out i told them iwas a dvc member and didnt think i was suppose to get charged for the calls..the girl behind the desk said you are right and took the calls of the bill..she also credited me $6 i was charged for valet parking at the contemporary..i otld her i thought it was ridiculous that they charge me for parking when i am a dvc owner..that was at the bwv..any dough you can back from disney is an accomplishment...

Actually, if I remember correctly DVC members simply get a discounted rate on local calls - they aren't free. The 35 cents is the discounted rate - I think the normal rate is 85 cents. I could be wrong here.

However, I DO know they were right to charge you for valet at the Contemporary. You only get free valet parking at the DVC resorts that offer it - Boardwalk, Wilderness Lodge and Beach Club. You are not entitled to free valet at any other resorts.

I've always been charged 35 cents for dialing up local calls at DVC resorts. 800# calls are free.

Valet parking is free to members only at DVC resorts. You should have paid at the Contemporary.

I stayed at PO-FQ last weekend for 3 nights and we had 7 calls, 1 local & 6 800#, the bill was $5.25. It's 75 cents at non-DVC resorts. Anyway, we didn't have express checkout, so I went to the front desk to pay at checkout and they said don't worry about it (the calls were the only thing on the bill)!

i did pay at the contemp and the bwv reimbursed me because i complained about the new policy..same with the calls but she said that i shouldnt have been chrged for the calls..the point is if you ask at checkout they will probably take the calls off the bill..i now its not alot of money but it may be enouhg to buy another pin or something like that.........

Originally posted by golfnut1264
i did pay at the contemp and the bwv reimbursed me because i complained about the new policy..same with the calls but she said that i shouldnt have been chrged for the calls..the point is if you ask at checkout they will probably take the calls off the bill..i now its not alot of money but it may be enouhg to buy another pin or something like that.........

It sounds as though you found either a very uninformed or a very generous CM.

The "new" policy is free valet service at DVC resorts for members. There is still a $6 per day charge to use valet at all other resorts.

The usual phone charge is .75 per local call. There is a discounted rate of .35 for DVC members and their guests while staying on points at DVC resorts.

While it can't hurt to ask, don't be surprised if those charges are not remoevd on future trips.

These programs are detailed in the Member's Guidebook and on the Member's website.

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter