Internet access ???

pxlbarrel

They won't allow any kind of cow
Because of what's happening with airport security, I'm thinking of leaving my laptop at home rather than bring it along and make it a longer security check than it needs to be. If I do that, is there a not so expensive way for me to check my email? I'll be at the Anaheim Hilton... Any suggestions would be welcome so that I don't go through email withdrawal...

(I'm gonna leave my cell phone at home too probably...it'll cost a fortune to use it anyway so why bring it and cause a hassle for myself at security.)

You have a point, I just decided to take my laptop but after all this I am leaving it home, not worth the aggrevation. As far as my cell phone I will take that and pack it in my suitcase that has to go through security and just pray it doesnt get smooshed up.

Last time we stayed along harbour I found an internet kiosk at a little store by the Ramada Maingate I think. It was easily within walking distance of where the shuttles drop you of though. Ya I don't think I'll ever fly with a laptop again though; I'd be too paranoid of it getting wrecked while it was checked and being tossed around.

Usually a hotel will have a public access computer so you can check your e-mail. I would call them.

Jack pirate:

blackjackdelta said:
Usually a hotel will have a public access computer so you can check your e-mail. I would call them.

Jack pirate:

Well, I'll give them a call I guess but I find that the "higher end" (and I use that in quotes...it should really read "nose in the air" hotels like Hilton, Marriott, etc) will charge for what is usually free at the "cheaper" hotels. For some reason, they think we can afford it. Hfmmph, they haven't seen my wallet after a trip to Disneyland or WDW.

Well, I called the Hilton and they do have a self-serve Business Centre. The hotel operator didn't know how much a computer station would cost me but tried to hook me up with somebody who could...alas, nobody answered that phone. She also told me that there was a Kinkos in the Marriott across the street. I just called them and they have 2 PCs and they cost 40 cents per minute.

I guess I can spend that to check my email a couple of times during the week...probably cheaper than paying for the Hilton's access with my laptop anyway.

We stayed at the Tropicana, right on Harbour Blvd. They have a little Mini Mart there, that has computer access. It was $5 for 15 minutes, or $10 for an hour. And if you save the little receipt with the access code, you can use that same hour whenever you want, until it's all used up.

The store is right at the front of the Tropicana, and it's called Minni Mart. Hope that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter