Internet access on Tracfone or similar

Discussion in 'UK Trip Planning Forum' started by GibboFLA, Jul 26, 2009.

1. GibboFLA

GibboFLA Earning My Ears

After last year and giving Vodafone a large percentage of my wages for accessing the internet in Florida, I need a cheaper option.

Are Tracfone or the similar phones you can buy in WalMart/Target etc able to access the internet?

I would just want access to check my "hotmail" account and bank balances (just to reign-in the wife's shopping if need be!).

I have had a look at some websites but they don't seem to advertise the fact that you can access the "web", and I don't want to carry a laptop to Florida and back just for a few minutes access.

Any information will be appreciated.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. wayneg

wayneg Moderator Moderator

Sorry can't help about the phones, we always take a couple of laptops with us.
    Just wanted to say welcome to DISboards.:welcome:

4. juliebro

juliebro <font color=green>Has been visited<br><font color=

Where are you staying? You may find that you can get access to an internet cafe for free or for a low price.

We've recently bought a lightweight netbook (about £200) to take with us on future trips now that more and more places are offering free wi-fi/wireless broadband. The house we renterd last year and are renting next year has it.

5. GibboFLA

GibboFLA Earning My Ears

Thanks for the welcome, I was here a few years ago but sort of drifted off!:confused3
    I think we might end up taking a laptop, it will be easier:surfweb:

6. wayneg

wayneg Moderator Moderator

We usually stay offsite with free wireless internet, this time onsite so going to cost me $160 for 1st 16 nights then about $50 on the cruise. Disney must make a fortune on the internet.